“Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo
One of God’s greatest craftsmanship gets revealed through the beautiful flowers, that he has created with the different colour combinations, natural patterns, and with utmost care and love. Every flower that he has created whether designed in as red flowers is one of its kind and separate from one another. Like red roses are different from red carnations or red poppies. Not just the way it appears, the way it is required to care for these flowers to the way each of these flowers differs in their symbolism. But very few of us would actually know that these flowers can actually turn up into being our personal physician in order to look after you. Yes, you heard us! Here are a few ways in which these beauties and mostly red roses are beneficial for our health. Check them out!
- Helps in reducing weight – Rose petals are said to contain some compounds which help in improving metabolism and cleansing our bodily toxins, All of which results in a proper and healthy way of weight loss. Traditionally speaking, it was said that eating with a handful of red rose petals prevents one from overeating due to its natural scent which is what will even result in weight loss, eventually.
- Acts As An Aphrodisiac – Red roses and most of the red flowers are associated with qualities like love, affection, passion, and desire. Hence we can all quite get why red roses are treated as natural aphrodisiacs to increase the sexual urges in a person. As per Ayurveda specialists, roses act on essential doshas in our body which is what is responsible for bettering your sex life.
- Aids Depression And Stress – Rose petals or any other scented flower petals are said to calm our mind, body, and soul and helps to release fatigue, stress, and depression. Many pieces of research have proved that such flowers produce a sedative-like effect which is what can calm a restless person dealing with insomnia even.
- Treats Piles/ Haemorrhoids – These flowers are rich in fiber and high water content along with some compounds which help out flush out the feces in a person with piles/hemorrhoids easily. It is not just effective against bleeding but also helps to ease out the pain related to these diseases.
- Acts As A Great Astringent – Wondered why rosewater is an essential skincare product? If not then let me tell you that it acts as a great astringent, treats skin irritations, balances out oily skin, and softens the skin. Some people even claim it to be containing antioxidants and antibacterial compounds which makes one look younger and fresher.
- Helps In Treating Stubborn Acne – Often we girls, get crazy searching for a natural treatment for our acnes. So, here’s one! The rosewater helps out to dry the acne due to the presence of phenyl ethanol, an antiseptic compound.
So, these were some of the ways in which red roses and other flowers have been proved to be beneficial for health.