Who would ever want to lose dear ones? Nobody will, right? Specially when the reason is as harsh as a car accident? Not at all!
Just imagine, almost 1.35 million people die in road accidents each year across the world! Almost 3700+ death cases due to road crashes are reported daily all over the world! This is also the minimum number of people who lose their loved ones due to road accidents! Along with that, 20-50 million people get to non-fatal injuries which many times lead to incurring disabilities! How inhumane is this! It surely cannot get any worse than this!
This is why there is no alternative other than taking enough measures to ensure road safety. What do we actually mean by this? Road safety refers to methods and measures used to prevent the road users from being killed or seriously injured. Here, road users include pedestrians, cyclists, vehicle passengers, drivers, horse riders or other riders, public transport passengers etc. Nothing is precious than our own lives and so it is a must for us to maintain our own safety measures. When the worst thing happens, you will need to have the assistance of a lawyer. People like Georgia auto attorneys are some of the experts in the field of car accident legal matters.
Click here – How Much Does Pest Control Cost on Average?
Now, what can we possible do to reduce the risk of car accidents? Lets see:
- Speeding: Every 1% increase in speed may increase the may produce a 4% increase in the fatal crash risk and a 3% increase in the serious crash risk. It means that any kind of increase in average speed increases the risk of accident.
- Maintaining traffic signals: It is actually a must. People should always follow the traffic signals. If it turns into red, no matter what happens, the vehicles should stop despite being the whole road empty. Also people should look for pedestrian crossing signs. Lots of times, the drivers actually do not pay heed to these for which pedestrians get hit by cars.
- Stay out of distraction: This is a very important point to look after. Distractions while driving is indeed a dangerous thing. Drivers using phone while driving are 4 times more likely to get into a car crash than those who do not use phones. So, phones have to be kept away while driving. Also drivers have to refrain from alcohol or addictive stuffs before driving.
- Maintaining fitness of the vehicle: This is something lots of people avoid, but this is one of the most crucial factors to prevent road crashes. Unfit vehicles are more likely to crash all on a sudden because they are not fit to get onto the road. This is why breaks, engines etc. should always be checked on a regular basis. There are quite a few UN regulations regarding vehicle safety which can be followed.
- Using safety tools: By this, we try to mean using helmets, seatbelts, child restraints etc. These should be used for the own safety. We need to remember that accidents always come suddenly. So it is always smart to stay safe. And this is the reason why people should use these.
These are actually basic 5 things that we can possibly do. Obviously there are so many other ways. Also there are lots of things to do if by chance the accident occurs. It is always safe to have an ‘abogado de accidente’ meaning accident attorney so that we always get the money of insurance if we face any injury or accidents. So, these are actually the basic things. The biggest thing that is needed in this regard is awareness. If we follow these, certainly we can reduce the risk of car crashes, we can reduce the possibility of losing loved ones.