Choose An Internet Provider In 5 Minutes Without Overpaying
You may think it would be impossible to pick an internet provider in 5 minutes without overpaying unless you simply went with the first offer you received. If you were looking for internet services a decade ago, you would be correct in your assumption. Today, though, that is not the case. You can go onto an online comparison site, such as iSelect, and let them do the hard work.
Since you will be working alongside their online platform, they will send you offers within seconds from their partners that can get you hooked up. All you have to do is go through the proposals, check the prices and the internet specifications, and pick the best one (which, by the way, does not necessarily mean the cheapest offer.)
Sounds simple, doesn’t it? It is effortless, but you will need to check out a few things before you actually sign a contract.
- Budget – If you do not have a budget already made up, you need to do it now. You want to see exactly how much you have available to spend on the internet because there are different levels of service that you can get.
- Service You Need – There are several different levels of service that you can get. The faster the service, the more money you will have to pay monthly. This is why you need to sit down and figure out how fast you need it to be, what you are using it for, and how many people will use it at once.
These two things do not count against the initial five minutes because you should have this information down already. A budget is not something you want to rush through, so take your time and get some accurate numbers. This will keep you out of financial trouble later when you are obligated to pay the service fee for the duration of the contract.
Now, it is time to discuss the steps you need to follow to get good internet service in five minutes without paying too much for it. Make sure that you set your timer.
- Compare Service Providers – Get on your computer or mobile device and compare internet plans through a comparison site. Once you have the offers on the screen in front of you, go through them and pick the top three (by price and service.)
- Price – The price is the first thing you need to consider. The level of service that you need must be underneath or equal to the budget amount that you have available. Remember that the cheapest may not always be the best, so you must pick out the top three providers.
- Service – Once you have the three best options, you need to dig a little deeper into the speed and bandwidth they are offering. Put the best one out of the three you picked before on the top of your list.
That is all that there is to it. You will now take the one you have at the top of your list and sign up for service. You may have to wait to get hooked up because of the schedule, but this does not count in your five minutes. By now, you have chosen an internet provider that can offer you the best price for the service you want, so it is time to turn the timer off.
If you are not under five minutes, you definitely need better internet speeds because it should not even take long. Technology today makes it so easy to conduct any type of business online that there truly is no point in trying to do it any other way. Use your mobile phone or a friend’s computer if you do not have the internet so you can get hooked up fast.