St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program
Beautiful beaches, pristine landscapes, and friendly people are typical of each Caribbean island. St. Kitts and Nevis is a paradise for immigrants, visitors, and residents alike due to the island’s gorgeous scenery, year-round warm climate, and abundance of sandy beaches. Its Citizenship by Investment (CBI) Program has been widely regarded as the “platinum standard” as it has thriven till now and processed thousands of applications for decades.
Benefits of St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment
Citizenship acquired under St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Program is perpetual and may be handed down through the generations. Zlata Erlach, a high-class expert from the Immigrant Invest company, points out the following benefits of St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship:
- A St. Kitts and Nevis passport holder may visit 156 countries without a visa or get one upon arrival. These countries include Russia, Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, and the nations of the Schengen Area.
- The next generation has the option to get citizenship via their ancestry.
- The applicant’s spouse and children under the age of 31, as well as their parents and grandparents who are 55 or older and any unmarried, dependent siblings who are also under the age of 31 and do not have children of their own, may apply for citizenship alongside the applicant.
- Citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis get special treatment in the UK and other Commonwealth nations because of the country’s Commonwealth membership.
- With frequent flights to both Europe and North America, St. Kitts and Nevis is a desirable place to purchase a second house.
- The country permits people to have dual citizenship.
- There is no mandatory minimum length of stay.
Requirements for St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship
To qualify for citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis under the CBI Program, prospective citizens must make a significant monetary investment in the nation. In exchange, successful candidates and their families are awarded full citizenship after undergoing extensive background checks as part of the application process.
A primary applicant for citizenship must be at least 18 years old, satisfy other conditions, and indicate a preference among the following while filling out the application.
As for St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship cost, here are the following options:
- For a single application, a non-refundable USD 150,000 investment to the Sustainable Growth Fund is required. Spouses are eligible for an extra $25,000, siblings – for $20,000, and other dependents – for $10,000.
- The second way for obtaining citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis via investment is to purchase real estate. You have to invest at least $200,000 in an authorized real estate development with the expectation of selling it in seven years, or $400,000 in five years.
- Another option is the alternative investment (AIO). AIO facilitates the acquisition of qualifying infrastructure projects to assist the government reach its capital investment objectives. Individuals or families of up to four must invest USD 175,000 in the Alternative Investment Option. Each sibling and qualifying dependent costs an additional $20,000 to become eligible.
Every application is handled by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) of St. Kitts and Nevis.
Timeframe for the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program
The CIU will assess your application and may interview you (though this is unusual). The CIU won’t accept an application if the applicant lies or omits important facts.
An applicant must complete all government paperwork, which is only available from certified sources.
The CIU reviews applications in four to six months. Choose the accelerated application procedure for 30-60-day processing.
It’s important to find a real estate project that complements the citizenship application because the time duration may vary.
After CIU approves your investment, you must send your application fee and any government expenses. Then, the Prime Minister signs registration certificates that are needed to obtain passports – https://immigrantinvest.com/blog/st-kitts-passport-renewal-en/.