Sometimes it is difficult to choose the right prescription sunglasses, there is so much variety!
In this article, we offer you a series of tips to choose sunglasses and get it right. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list, but these tips will be useful to guide you in choosing glasses that meet your needs and tastes, also you can chek Designeroptics.com offers prescription sunglasses.
- Think about how you are going to use them. Sunglasses for general use are not the same as glasses for specific uses such as skiing, fishing or driving. Think about the conditions in which you are going to use them: do you want glasses that you can wear throughout the year? Do you live in a sunny area or do you spend a lot of time in the sun? All this helps us a lot when it comes to selecting models.
- Once the use that we are going to give them is clear, we will choose glasses with the appropriate filter category. Category 0 lenses are almost colorless lenses and cat. 4 are very dark lenses. It is common for sunglasses to have a category between 2 and 3. Keep in mind that a higher category means a darker lens but not necessarily greater protection. You must bear in mind that some filters have certain restrictions. For example: cat.4 filters are too dark to drive and therefore it is not allowed to drive with glasses in this category.
- If you plan to graduate, this is the time to consider it. You must bear in mind that not all of them are adjustable. Due to their shape, size, geometry, mounting, etc … there are some glasses whose lenses cannot be replaced by other prescription lenses.
Seriously consider purchasing polarized lenses. This type of lens, due to its construction, provides better contrast and definition and greater comfort since it eliminates reflected light and prevents glare. Ask for a demo.
- Another particularly practical type of lens is the photochromic lens. This type of lens darkens when exposed to the sun and clears when in the shade. The lens color adjusts automatically to the light it detects; thus, your sunglasses will always have the right color. It is the ideal option if you intend to use them all year round or if you are going to use them in areas where light conditions can vary sharply, for example: the mountains. There are glasses that are polarized and photochromic, such as Serengeti sunglasses: an excellent option, although not suitable for all pockets.
Click here – How To Transfer WhatsApp From iPhone To Android
It is time to choose the color of the sunglasses. First, the theory:
- Brown is suitable because it improves contrast and reduces fatigue and glare; it is a good choice for the nearsighted.
- The Green produces little alteration of the colors and is especially suitable for the practice of nautical sports; it is a good option for hyperopes.
- Gray is the most neutral color, the one that least alters the perception of natural colors, which is why it is a suitable color for driving.
In practice, the choice of lens color is very subjective and there is nothing like testing them in the conditions closest to those that we are going to use later to be able to assess whether we prefer one color or another: choose them on a sunny day and ask go out with them to be able to value them.
- Other characteristics of the glasses that may be interesting: the lenses that have an internal anti-reflective treatment prevent the sun from reflecting on the internal surface of the lens, the frames made of elastic materials, such as the b88 nylon of Bollé sunglasses, allow that the glasses are safe and comfortable in all circumstances.
- Proper size, shape and fit: It is time to decide to look at the shape and size of the glasses: wider and more curved glasses offer greater protection against reflected light and from the sides. It is time to see if they fit well in the nasal area, since this is where the weight of the glasses rests while we are wearing them. We must also look at the degree of coverage, if our eyelashes rub against the lenses or if the glasses support on our cheek (it shouldn’t), and in all the little details that redound to our comfort
- It would be useless if we choose the best and most beautiful ones if we are not comfortable wearing them. We look for the glasses with which we find ourselves most comfortable, which, at this point will be our perfect sunglasses!
- Only in opticians: sunglasses are a basic element of protection for your eyes. Optometrists opticians are health professionals who know the materials, filters, colors, uses and other characteristics of sunglasses. Do not play it, seek the advice of a professional, your eyes do not deserve less.
Click here – Turn A No Win Situation Around And Buy Contest Votes
Let’s not forget that all children and some adults (due to their greater sensitivity, medication, etc.) need greater protection than adults. It is also necessary to remember that sun protection for the eyes goes beyond choosing good glasses. In many cases, hats, laces or ribbons are usually necessary..
Remember that sunglasses are not all the same. It is worth taking the trouble to compare several options and find the most suitable for each person.