Another working day. At the end of the day you realize that you haven’t done almost anything, though you have been working the whole day. It’s a common situation and can happen to everyone. But if you feel like it’s your everyday routine, you have to learn how to manage your time properly to be productive and organized at work.
Click here – 3 Gift Ideas for Frequent Travelers
- Start your day with prioritizing. Decide which tasks are more important than the other ones and have to be done today. It will help you not to waste your time on unimportant arrangements and by the end of the day you will realize that you’ve done everything that has been planned for the day.
- Start with the most difficult task. Postponing it won’t improve the situation. When you’re done with the hard work, you feel more energy and your mood becomes better.
- Work harder at your most productive condition. You probably know what part of the day you work in the most efficient way: in the morning, late afternoon, etc. Plan your working schedule accordingly so that the most difficult things fall on these hours. If you become lazy after dinner, then it is not the best time to be concentrated and do something important.
- Use special tools on your computer and mobile devices to simplify your work. There are so many apps, like email organizers, task planners, etc. which can help you in all possible situations. Just make some research and you will definitely find some great and useful applications special for you. For example, if you are using email as your primary communication channel, you may be getting a lot of unwanted notifications and other distracting messages. In this case, you can use an email unsubscribe tool such as Clean Email to automate unsubscribing from all unwanted mailings and block senders you no longer want to get messages from.
- Do not try to bring everything to perfection. Do what is required from you because perfectionism just kills your productivity. If you have some extra time at the end, you always can return and improve something. In its turn, if you continue working on the same task to make it perfect, you will never move on to the next step on your to-do list.
- If your work is not connected with social media networks, you have to close Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other similar websites. They distract you from doing work and time when using them flies too fast.
- Do not try to do many tasks at once. Multitasking is a myth. It is a well-known fact that when you do several things simultaneously, your productivity drops by 40%.
- Do not check your email inbox all the time. Turn on the notifications when you are waiting for really important emails, for example, from your boss or clients. However, it is a better solution to schedule some time for reading messages. It can be in the morning, during coffee break, and so on.
- The rule of two minutes. Just think how many things we keep putting off, which are fit in two minutes or less. For example, it is not difficult to wash a few plates immediately after eating without waiting for the sink to be full of plates and other dishes. If you can do something in two minutes, do it. Do not think it over, do not plan, do not discuss with colleagues, but just take it and do it immediately.
- Practice on implementing these productivity tips on a daily basis. Every rule makes sense only when you follow it. It’s like learning a new language, you need to practice every day to reach a high level of proficiency. If you follow at least some of the tips mentioned in this article, you will save much time on completing your task list and become more productive at work.
- Take Right Supplements. In your everyday work, you need to always stay focused and attentive which is very hard in parallel with a lot of work and deadlines. That is why taking the right supplements that will help you to boost your brainpower is the right decision. Nootropics know as cognitive enhancers, that are improving mental performance are the best choice for you which you can find on the Chemical Planet website