The International Olympiad conducts scholarship exams at the international level. The portion for this exam covers the school academic syllabus.
The Olympiads cover Maths Olympiad, Science Olympiad, English Olympiad, and General Knowledge (GK) Olympiad. This platform tests the student’s knowledge and understanding level on each subject which improves their competitive performance at the international level. TIO conducts a Drawing Olympiad for Kindergarten children to enhance their creativity at a very young age.
Early childhood is a crucial period of human life and Mathematics helps young brains develop socially, emotionally, and also equips them with advanced problem-solving skills which help them navigate through their daily lives. From abstract reasoning, logical thinking, and analytical problem-solving, the IMO question papers assist students in preparing for the upcoming International Mathematics Olympiads. Participating in the IMO will help students boost their academic profiles and expose them to academic rigours beyond traditional classrooms. The IMO question papers are based on the setting of the CBSE, ISC, and ICSE curriculum. This helps students better prepare for their board exams as well plus provides an opportunity for students to prove their academic skills on an international level.
Click here – Benefits of digital marketing to health facilities
Maths Olympiad for Class 6-Syllabus and Question Paper:
The Class 6 Maths Olympiad syllabus is designed as per the curriculum of national and international school boards. The math concepts covered in the class 6 IMO exams are based on a variety of higher-level concepts related to decimals, fractions, data handling, geometry, and algebra. The section-wise detailed IMO syllabus of class 6 is as follows:
- Section – 1: Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Section – 2: Knowing our Numbers, Whole Numbers, Playing with Numbers, Basic Geometrical Ideas, Understanding Elementary Shapes, Integers, Fractions, Decimals, Data Handling, Mensuration, Algebra, Symmetry, Practical Geometry, Ratio, and Proportion.
- Section – 3: The syllabus for this section is as per the topics provided in section–2.
- Section – 4: This section covers higher-order thinking questions based on the topics incorporated in the syllabus of section –2.
The IMO level questions are conceptual i.e. the questions asked are not based on the direct knowledge of the concepts, but the understanding of applications of concepts is needed. You should know the application of the concepts as well and for this, you can go through the “Achievers Section” where questions are based on an advanced level application of concepts. You should understand the concept and the pattern and should perform Mathematical Olympiad sample questions based on the exact pattern of the level 1 IMO question papers last year.
Remember that the questions asked in the first level will be from your curriculum but will not be that simple. Questions will not be based on direct concepts but advanced applications of concepts will be required. You just have to stick to a thorough understanding of your concepts and also their advanced application.
Keys to crack the first level of IMO:
- What do you have to study? :
The first level exam consists of a 70% syllabus from the previous class. You must practice with previous year’s papers of IMO. Go through the syllabus to identify and find the necessary sources to study the various topics of IMO.
- Feel the panic situation:
To overcome this panic situation you should practice with real pressure of time and the same pattern of questions. The real IMO question paper is very long and requires a lot of practice to complete the paper within the prescribed time. Solving math questions online will not be of great benefit to anyone. You have to practice using hard copies to complete the questions in a given period.
- Time Management:
Prepare a timetable and stick to it. Practice all kinds of questions. Work on your weaker areas. If you do not want to overload yourself, start preparing well in advance.
Success is not a one or two-day case in any field including IMO. It requires a lot of hard work and Continuous effort. If you do not see success, in the beginning, do not give up. Continue to push yourself. Soon the results would be better.
- Regular Practice:
Mathematics is what you really should practice. You will only understand the concepts if you work hard and cover every aspect of the subject. It will bring confidence and develop the ability to solve any problem.
- Challenge yourself daily:
Your competition with yourself will upgrade your skills to a greater extent.
- Concentration and dedication:
Study with full concentration and dedication, don’t waste your time by distracting yourself with other things.
- Avoid Weakness and Dizziness:
To solve complex mathematical problems, the mind needs to be calm, composed, and relaxed. Do not end yourself before the exam. Have proper sleep at night before the exam.
Tips to Prepare with IMO Sample Papers for Class 6:
- Students are recommended to go through the whole IMO syllabus for class 6 before solving these sample papers as it will help develop a clear understanding of the important topics and concepts.
- It is advisable that students understand all the important details like exam pattern and marking scheme carefully by analyzing class 6 IMO sample papers. It is also helpful in knowing the section-wise mark distribution and the number of questions placed in each section.
- Students should properly plan their preparation timetable after understanding the IMO syllabus and exam pattern. To advance their problem-solving skills along with speed and accuracy students should perform a time-bound practice of IMO sample papers.
- Class 6 IMO sample papers are a reliable source to determine the type of problems under each topic. Students are advised to practice every problem provided in the sample papers to clearly understand the pattern of math Olympiad questions.
- Referring to the answer keys given with the Class 6 IMO Question Paper 2014 will aid students to evaluate their performance and progress.
Click here – How to get the most use out of a skip bin
Benefits of Studying Class 6 Previous Year’s Question Papers:
Going through the previous year question papers for IMO class 6 will help students to develop,
- Speed to solve questions.
- Increase problem-solving skills.
- Creative reasoning skills.
- Logical reasoning skills.
- To develop numerical solving skills.