The variation in the geographical topography of Russia has resulted in diverse creation. Moreover, also the inhabitance of flora and fauna in northern Eurasia. However, it comes to no surprise that Russia has well-known known zoos for people to come and explore and visit it to learn more about the diverse flora and fauna.
Besides the largest zoo in the US, one of the largest zoo in the world is located in Moscow, Russia. Moreover, it is the Moscow Zoo.
There are about 32 zoos and aquaria in Russia, consequently.
The largest zoo in Russia is located in Moscow, likewise. Moreover, the Moscow Zoo is also known as Moskovsky Zoopark.
The professors and biologists founded it in the year of 1864 the professors-biologists were:
- A.P. Bogdanov
- S.A. Usov
- K.F. Rulje
They were from the Moscow State University. However, in the year 1919, the zoo was nationalized.
The Moscow Zoo has over 972 diverse species. Moreover, the total number of animals, land, and marine animals is 8,270. However, the total number of species present in the Moscow Zoo is 972.
Moscow Zoo is one of the oldest public parks in Russia. However, the Government of Moscow is under the responsibility of controlling the Moscow Zoo.
The zoo’s area span is about 25 hectares, likewise.
The oldest zoo in St. Petersburg
Leningrad Zoo is the oldest zoo in St. Petersburg. It has a fascinating history. The start of the zoo was by two animal lovers. Namely, Sofia and Julius Gerhardt. They began in the year 1865. However, this zoo is the second largest one in Russia at present times.
The zoo has over 2000 animals. These animals are spread across 410 species. However, the zoo had changed a lot of hands and was also shut down for a long period of time. Its spirit was still alive. The most astonishing part of the zoo was despite the war and lack of food sources amongst the citizens; they made sure that the remaining animals, the elephants were fed regularly. Moreover, when the elephant died in an airstrike, the entire city mourned its death.
Other popular zoos of Russia are:
- Chita Zoo which is located in ChitaChelyabinsk Zoo which is located in Chelyabinsk
- Ivanovo Zoo which is located in Ivanovo
- Izhevsk Zoo which is located in Izhevsk
- Kaliningrad Zoo Kaliningrad
- Kazan Zoo which is located in Kazan
- Lipetsk Zoo which is located in Lipetsk
- Moscow Zoo which is located in Moscow
- Novosibirsk Zoo which is located in Novosibirsk
- Omsk Zoo which is located in Bolsherech’e, Omsk
- Rostov-on-Don Zoo which is located in Rostov-on-Don
- Samara Zoo which is located in Samara
- Tula Exotarium which is located in Tula
- Yakutsk Zoo which is located in Yakutsk
- Sakhalin Zoological and Botanic Park which is located in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk