A home air purifier is a must-have for some people partly because they spend most of their time indoors. While to some, it’s just a way to improve the quality of air in their home.
It’s funny that even indoors may be more polluted than outside, especially for those with pets but it doesn’t end there alone, the pollutant and particles inside the home will affect the quality of air around. And as much as we don’t want to believe it, good quality air is essential to healthy living.
What Is A Home Air Purifier?
A home air purifier is a device that removes or sanitizes contaminants and pollutants from the air in a room to improve the air quality. These devices are an efficient method of removing pollutants indoors around allergy sufferers such as asthmatic patients and reducing the risk of second-hand tobacco smoking. View purifiers here.
How A Home Air Purifier Works
Home air purifiers work by sanitizing the air particles such as pollutants, allergens, and toxins present in the home. An air purifier is a little different from filters, in the sense that while filters only remove particles, air purifiers sanitize them which ensures quality air indoors.
Different types of home air purifiers differentiate how they work. Some types of purifiers which come with filters, trap particles as they run through the filters while some others may neutralize particles and pollutants in the air without filtering them. A negative ion emitting air purifier works by attracting positive ion particles in the air to neutralize them. The downside of this is the presence of ozone emissions.
Pros Of Home Air Purifier
- Home air purifiers help you to live healthily. Since an air purifier removes harmful particles from the air, this way you will be able to protect your lungs from the risk of pulmonary disease.
- Your home air quality will improve thereby allowing you to focus. This will ensure that your brain processes information fast which will produce quality work being done at home. This is important for those who work at home and their work requirements demand extra focus and brainpower, also it can be good for students who need to study very hard.
- Air home purifiers help reduce the risk of allergen at home by purifying and removing pollen and other pollutants in the home. People who are allergic to pollen and suffer from allergies in their homes can improve the air quality in their homes by making use of home air purifiers.
- Home air purifiers can significantly help improve your skin. Our skin is sensitive and reacts to particle pollution which may cause skin problems. Home air purifiers prevent dermatological disease to some certain level by removing harmful particles from your home.
- Home air purifiers can significantly improve your quality of sleep. Many people suffer from different series of sleeping problems which are largely induced by the presence of air we breathe indoors. The better the air quality, the more likely it is to enjoy quality sleep.
- Air home purifiers make breathing inside your home easier and also remove the unpleasant smells and odors from the home which will improve your overall general wellbeing.
Cons Of Air Home Purifier
- Home air purifiers are often noisy, though the noise may not be so loud and may not even be noticed in some rooms. While it may work quite well in your living room, the noise from the purifier may affect your sleep if found in your bedroom.
- Though home air purifiers are not expensive but require a significant amount of money. If you’re sitting on a tight budget, it may seem like an arm and limb to you.
- Air purifiers require significant amounts of energy to work efficiently which means you have to spend more on your energy bill. Your energy requirement takes a toll on the environment and may be bad for the ecological system.
- A home air purifier requires cleaning regularly to work effectively. This will involve some extra work on your end and may pose a problem if you don’t have the time and energy to expand on this regularly.
- Some home air purifiers emit harmful substances such as ozone while working. Also, purifiers can be a breeding place for bacteria if they are not cleaned regularly. So ensure to weigh the pros and cons well before purchasing an air purifier for your home.