You’ve heard of Shipley Do-Nuts, but do you know what makes them unique? The small sweet rolls are served warm with frosting. People who love Shipley Do-Nuts would tell you that it is unlike any doughnut. If you have ever driven by one of their locations before, you have seen a giant Shipley Do-Nuts sign. Have you ever wondered how much a Shipley franchise costs to own? A Shipley franchise can be financially viable, and an intelligent business decision builds long-term wealth. But before you jump into Shipley franchising, it’s essential to know all the facts and ensure it’s a good investment; click here for QSR industry training.
Shipley Do-Nuts, founded in 1936, is a regional chain of doughnut and coffee shops that has grown to over 260 locations in four states. The corporate headquarters are in Houston, Texas.
A Shipley franchise requires a total investment of between $100,000 and $300,000. This incremental investment includes your franchise fee of $35,000. Shipley Do-Nuts offers single and multiple-unit franchises for its doughnut shop concept. A single unit franchise costs $20,000 and requires a total investment of $198,500 to $435,000. Multiple unit franchises are available with discounts on the franchise fee. The company also offers a non-traditional franchise opportunity for mall locations or kiosks. These franchises cost $10,000 and require a total investment of $43,000 to $64,500. The franchise fee is $28,000. You must also pay a monthly royalty of 5.5% on your total sales up to $200,000 and 6% on any sales above $200,000. In addition, there is a 3% marketing fee which you’ll need to pay monthly.
A potential franchisee should be prepared to invest a minimum of $100,000.Depending on their chosen location and building requirements, it would help if you had up to $300,000 or more. Beyond this initial investment, the total start-up costs for a Shipley Do-Nuts franchise depend on numerous factors, including the size of your store and whether you are building a new location or remodeling an existing site. Most areas range from 600 to 2,400 square feet, depending on seating requirements, parking, etc. We will work with you to determine what type of location best suits your needs and budget.
To qualify for a Shipley Do-Nuts franchise, you must have at least $25,000 in liquid capital available to support the business operations during its initial stages of growth. You must also be willing to attend training classes at one of the company’s training centers in Houston or Baton Rouge. Please note that this is only an estimate of the initial investment you will have to make as a Shipley franchise. The cost includes the franchise fee but does not include anything for working capital or any other expenses in your business’s operation.
Why is the Shipley franchise one of the industry’s most successful and profitable franchise systems?
- They have created a business model that is both simple and unique: you will get help to build a reliable, predictable, and profitable business that you can sell for top dollar when you’re ready to retire.
- You will be provided with the tools and resources to start your own business from the ground up. They don’t just sell franchises; they help you build an empire.
- You will work with a franchisee and an independent business considered consultants, experts in their field, and trusted advisors in their local communities. One that has received a high level of respect from its clients and enjoys a solid reputation for providing reliable solutions to challenging problems.
- You will get a strong foundation and support system and have complete freedom over your time and schedule. You can work from home or at a coffee shop.
- By becoming a Shipley franchise, you gain access to a wealth of resources we make available only to our franchise partners:
- A proven business model with a clear roadmap for success
- You will get customized services to meet your specific needs. They will work closely with you to determine the best approach to achieve your goals.
- Comprehensive training: you will get support and ongoing guidance through every development phase. The training receives delivered by senior consultants who possess real-world experience as subject matter experts. You will learn from someone who has been there and done that!
- Unique marketing strategies that target specific opportunities within your community
- The latest technology to power your service delivery models
While you may not end up spending thousands of dollars on your Shipley franchise, costs can still generally run into the hundreds of dollars. Prices will vary based on several factors, including location, nature, size of business, and the financial backing you can secure before opening your franchise. However, if you choose to have a consultant hire your employees, it can add to your bottom line and other costs.