If you access Hulu from web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge, you may be asked to provide the location permission, which will be used to provide a better user experience and a recommendation system that tracks the most popular titles in your city/town!
In circumstances, you accidentally denied the location permission, this blog shows you how to enable location services for Hulu on web and mobile devices. Apart from this, if you are denied access to a Hulu library and get a streaming error; it means Hulu is not available in your region.
So, if you’re wondering how to watch Hulu in UK and other regions, you will need the help of a geo-spoofing tool. Typically, you will have to subscribe to a VPN service and connect to a server in the United States for bypassing geo-restrictions and content limitations.
Enabling Locations Services for Hulu on Web
Here is how you can enable locations on web browsers on the Hulu platform.
All you need is to move the cursor in the top right corner of “Chrome” browser and click on three vertical dots to open the “Settings” menu. After that; follow the simple instructions described below:
- Click on “Settings”.
- Move your cursor down to the end of webpage and Select the “Advanced” option.
- You will see the “Privacy and Security” section.
- Click on “Site Settings” > Location”.
- Toggle “Ask before Accessing” to On.
Here are simple steps for enabling location services on your Edge browser.
- Open the Windows “Start menu” from your PC
- Enter the “Settings > Privacy > Location”
- Move down to Select apps that can track your staying location
- Recheck “Edge browser” is selected from the list
Firefox is another commonly used browser in the world. Consider using the below steps if you are a Hulu member and want to enable its location services
- Open “Menu” (three parallel lines) > Preferences in the top right side of your Firefox browser
- Select “Privacy & Security” from the side menu
- Scroll down to the “Permissions” section
- Click “Settings” next to Location
- Make sure that Hulu.com is added to the list of permissions
Hulu and safari browser is a perfect streaming combination to watch your favorite shows and movies for binge-watching. However, if you are interested to know about how to enable location services on Safari browser; consider applying the following steps.
- Open the “Apple menu window” from your MacBook
- Choose “System Preferences”
- Click the “Security & Privacy” icon in the System Preferences window
- Click the “Privacy” tab (you may need unlock the padlock icon by entering your admin name and password)
- Select “Location Services”
- Tick the “Enable Location Services” box and make sure “Safari” browser is selected from the list.
2.Enable Locations Services for Hulu on Mobile devices
A large community of Hulu users love binge-watching their favorite show and movies on the smartphones. If you are also a Hulu viewer and have smartphone; you should learn it by following the below instructions for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Fire tablet.
iPhone and iPad
If you prefer Hulu streaming on your iPhone/iPad then consider the following steps to enable its location services. Here are quick steps for you.
- Launch the Settings app using iPad or iPhone
- Scroll down and Choose “Privacy” (>Settings >Privacy)
- Turn-On the “Location Services”
- Scroll down to find Hulu and click on it
- Click on “Allow Location Access”
Many people use Android smartphones and streaming Hulu app on the mobile devices is a preferred action whenever we want to get relax or need an entertainment. In most of the cases watching a TV show, comedy program, sports event, or a movie can effectively kill the boredom.
Here are simple steps for you to enable location services on Hulu using the Android smartphones.
- Open the “Settings” app from your Android phones
- Click on ” Location> Security & Location”
- Turn-On the “Location”
- Recheck at “Recent location requests” review the apps that recently checked your device’s location.
- Ensure “Hulu” is enabled.
Fire tablet is another emerging streaming device that is widely used for binge-watching because of its large screen and portability. Here is how to enable location services on your Fire tablet on Hulu platform from anywhere.
- Launch the “Quick Settings” menu
- Hit on “More” tab
- Choose “Location-based Services”
- Turn-On to enable location-based services
What is the Need for Location Services on Hulu?
If you are using streaming sites like Hulu, so how does the provider know which one of the titles should be available for you or whether Hulu should allow streaming its library to you or not? Hulu needs access to your physical location and verifies it by looking at your IP address to find where you are.
IP addresses are geographically linked so that the range of the IP addresses in the US will be unique from those in Japan and in other regions. Hulu compares your location to have a license for the database, which tells you what the content will be shown.
Hulu is a US-based geo-restricted streaming site, so if you access it from other regions, you will simply be blocked from viewing its content. By using a VPN though, you can bypass geo-restrictions and then take advantage of location services to view content in different cities/towns!