Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful feelings a woman can experience. The joy of starting her own family is unexplainable. While all mothers would prefer minimal complications and traditional vaginal delivery, in some cases the baby has to be delivered through a caesarean method. For many mothers, pregnancy can affect their confidence because of changes in the body after delivery. Before you search on how to reduce belly fat after C section, know that postpartum belly and weight gain are completely normal. Your body had to consume essential nutrients for yourself and the baby, so do not worry. Many mothers find a swelling pouch of loose skin above the scar, this is called the caesarean pouch or the c-section shelf. This c-section shelf differs from woman to woman, some may have a low hanging belly, while others may not have the c-section shelf at all. There are many options on how to reduce belly fat after C section, let us explore different options:
- Breastfeeding helps release oxytocin which helps in shrinking the uterus through contractions. Breastfeeding helps the uterus get back to its pre-delivery size. Mothers lose 250 calories a day through breastfeeding. This helps the mother to shed some weight immediately after having a baby.
- If you are searching for a relaxing way on how to reduce belly fat after C section, then walking helps in the reduction of those extra pounds that you have gained. It is not a high-intense workout that can stress your abdominal muscles and pelvic floor. It is relaxing and helps you get fresh air as well. You can also take your baby in a stroller, which will help you burn more calories by pushing lighter weight.
- The next option on how to reduce belly fat after C section is belly binding. This method involves wrapping a muslin cloth around the c-section shelf. This band, when wrapped around tightly, supports and keeps the abdomen in place. It also ensures that your incision heals completely and is a useful way to lose belly fat after a C-section.
- Practising yoga is a great option on how to reduce belly fat after a C-section. Some benefits of yoga include toning and strengthening the stomach muscles. Yoga also involves meditation which can help in letting out stress for a new mom. Some poses that can help are cobra pose, pranayama, Surya namaskar. However, do ask your doctor before starting your yoga practice. You can also consult doctor online due to the pandemic.
- Getting adequate sleep can also help in shedding some weight. Stress and lack of sleep can also make you gain weight. However, a well-rested mom can lose weight gradually. It is difficult to catch sleep but with household chores and the responsibilities of taking care of the baby, but take some help from family members. Getting at least 6 hours of sleep will help.
- Consuming a balanced diet is one of the best options on how to reduce belly fat after C section. Doctors recommend whole-grain foods, proteins, fibre rich foods, vitamins, iron-rich foods, fluids and dairy-rich foods. These help you lose weight naturally through a balanced diet. Apart from this, it also helps you become healthier and stronger.
So now that you know how to reduce belly fat after C section, do follow them without putting too much pressure on yourself. Remember that you can always opt for the doctor’s opinion or have an online consultation. Weight shedding processes are slow, so don’t rush it.