How to Use Weed Grinder – Step-by-Step Guide
Whether you vape, smoke, or infuse marijuana into your edibles, preparing the first buds with a grinder can make your day a great experience. Cannabis enthusiasts have been using grinders since 1960 to break down the dense buds into fine and easy-to-smoke particles.
The marijuana grinder is one of those few essential items that every cannabis enthusiast needs to have.
However, if you’ve just entered this world, you must have several questions that may be blocking you from using a weed grinder. So how do they work, and what is the right way to use them?
With this guide, let’s find out all about it.
What is Marijuana Grinder?
A marijuana grinder is a unique device used for grinding marijuana in a simpler and quicker.
It helps grind the nugs into the small micro pieces that people prefer for rolling joints and blunts. The cylindrical-shaped and palm-sized grinder tool has metal teeth revealed only after you separate the two interlocking halves. These teeths are designed in a way that shreds and cuts the dried cannabis into small & minutes fine pieces.
Often called bud grinders, these grinders generally come in 3-piece designs, including a grinding, lid, chamber, teeth, or pegs.
Start using Weed Grinder in 4 Simple Steps
To use a two-piece & four-piece grinder, follow these steps:
- Remove Grinder Lid – You should be able to insert your buds and gain access to the main chamber. The larger nuggets that don’t fit properly can be broken up with your fingers. Aim to keep everything away from the chamber’s centre. The grinder pivots at this point, and metal grinders typically use a magnet to help keep the top securely fastened. Anything positioned in the centre won’t be ground.
- Replace Lid & Grind – Put the cover back on the container once your flower is in position. Close it firmly by applying pressure, and if necessary, twist it slightly. Rotate the lid clockwise 10 to 15 times while applying light pressure. To ensure everything is processed, tap the grinder’s top and sides a few times during and after grinding.
- Unscrew Lid & Enjoy Bud – After grinding is complete, carefully remove the grinder’s lid. Be cautious when handling your grinder because it may spill ground marijuana if it gets stuck to the top or is held unevenly. Place ground marijuana in your joint or pipe, light it up and enjoy.
- Collect the Kief Crystal – Remember to use those priceless kief stones! It would help if you had enough kief after grinding a few grams of cannabis to fill a bowl. A ripped piece of paper or, better yet, a fragile piece of cardboard can be used to create a kief scraper tool. You can buy specialized scraping tools, or they can even come with your grinder.
Why Use Grinder for Weed?
Grinder technology makes it considerably quicker and cleaner to break up significant amounts of marijuana. Even if some cannabis users are too tempted to use their hands to tear apart and ground their marijuana, buying an excellent herb grinder has several benefits.
When breaking up marijuana with your hands, you end up with irregularly sized pieces that heat or burn unevenly. On the other hand, a grinder uses its strategically positioned teeth to shred dry marijuana blossoms consistently.
The kief from your herbs can be separated and collected using marijuana grinders. Customers that prefer dry herbs enjoy kief’s high concentration of botanically active chemicals. Therefore, it’s a bonus to have a kief catcher. This makes way for gathering the kief at the bottom of your grinder that may be used to make edibles, vaporizers, pipes, or joints later.
Another drawback of pulling apart the bud with your hands is that it is nearly impossible to capture the kief that comes off as you do so. When you use your hands to consume cannabis, the kief turns into a sticky resin on your fingers due to friction, and these tiny fragments of trichomes packed with cannabinoids and terpenes will end up everywhere.
Weed grinders increase the potency of your vaping, smoking, or cooking activities and help you avoid unintentional marijuana loss while saving you money. Additionally, they protect the quality of your marijuana because human hands spread natural skin oils that weaken the resin still present on your cannabis.
- It saves time to smoke sooner
- Better roll and slower burn
- Maintain bud’s potency
- Catch the kief without wasting
Time to Invest in a Good Weed Grinder
With a good grinder, you can roll joints or slow-burning smoke bowls. With the varieties of grinders available on the market, each claims to be the best. But, you must use the premium weed grinder from a reputable brand that can get you high.
You can buy a premium quality weed grinder from Glassdoor that deals in products that help you relax and enjoy the mind.
Moreover, you can get weed delivery directly to your doorstep from the website.