How to Watch Netflix Movies on Discord in 2022
Over the last year, Discord has undergone several changes to make it a more popular communication tool than one focused on gamers. This is exemplified by Discord Stage Channels, the company’s Clubhouse-style feature that fosters open engagement. Thanks to the platform’s growing broad user base, here’s how you host a Netflix streaming party on Discord. We’ll show you how to watch movies on Discord with audio and no blank screens using your Netflix login.
Netflix Streaming on Discord
To begin, how can I use the Discord mobile apps to stream Netflix? Allow me to state something self-evident. Due to DRM limitations, Netflix cannot be viewed on Discord’s mobile apps, including Android and iOS. However, you may easily share your screen on Discord mobile. You could also have a Discord Spotify listening party if Netflix isn’t quite what you’re looking for. With that in mind, here’s how you and your Discord friends can watch Netflix movies and TV shows together.
- Get the Discord App.
You’ll need to download the Discord app first if you’ve been using Discord via the web interface, as I have. The app can be downloaded through the company’s official website. Sign in using the QR code on the mobile app or your Discord login credentials after downloading the app.
- HW Acceleration (Hardware Acceleration) should be disabled.
A dark screen is one of the most common concerns users face while streaming Netflix on Discord. You’ve come to the right site if you’re wondering how to prevent the black screen when streaming on Discord or how to stream Netflix without the black screen. We’ve got you covered, to be sure.
You should disable the hardware accelerator in your browser if you want to prevent seeing a black screen while watching Netflix on Discord. We’ve included steps for deactivating hardware acceleration in three popular browsers, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. You can customize the steps to work with your favorite browser. If you’re using a browser that isn’t listed above, go to Settings and turn off hardware acceleration.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and go to the vertical three-dot menu in the upper right corner and select “Settings.”
- Go to the “System” tab in the left sidebar’s “Advanced” options and turn off the toggle labeled “Use hardware acceleration when available.” After disabling the toggle, Chrome should be restarted.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge and click on the horizontal three dots menu in the upper right corner to go to the “Settings” menu.
- Go to the “System” page on the left sidebar and turn off the “Use hardware acceleration when available” toggle. Please restart your browser once it’s finished to watch Netflix on Discord without seeing a blank screen.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Firefox
- Select “Settings” from the hamburger menu (horizontal three lines) in the top right corner of Firefox.
- Scroll down the “General” menu until you find the “Performance” column. A checkbox called “Use suggested performance parameters” can be found here. When you uncheck it, a new checkbox for disabling hardware acceleration appears. Deselect the “Use hardware acceleration where available” option as well.
- Start a Discord server and watch Netflix.
You can now stream Netflix to your Discord friends after deactivating hardware acceleration. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Open Netflix and keep a copy of your favorite Netflix movie or TV show handy. Then, minimize the tab and open the Discord app.
- Select the “Settings” icon next to your username in the lower-left corner of the Discord app.
- On the Settings page, go to the “Activity Status” tab in the left sidebar and select “Add it!” next to “Not seeing your game?”
- A list of applications currently running in the background will appear. Select the Netflix browser window and choose “Add Game” from the drop-down menu.
- Now go to the server where you want to stream the movie or show and click the “Stream” icon above your username. Alternatively, you can join a voice channel and then choose the browser streaming Netflix from the “Share screen” button in the lower-left corner.
- Choose the voice channel and resolution for the movie you want to broadcast. The visual quality you can stream without Discord Nitro is 720p at 30 frames per second. You’ll need a Discord Nitro membership to stream Netflix at 1080p/60fps.
- To start the stream, click the “Go Live” button after you’ve chosen the channel and stream quality.
- That brings the topic to a close. Members of your Discord server can now join your Netflix watch party by clicking the “Live” tag in the voice channel.
- In the left sidebar, click the “End call” link to end the watch party.
Even though you now know how to stream Netflix on Discord without difficulty, you may be asking whether it is legal to do so. The answers to those questions are, in fact, yes. It is illegal to stream Netflix or any other streaming service for the advantage of Discord friends, such as Disney Plus, Hulu, or Prime Video.
This solution does not work on Safari for Mac since you can no longer manually turn hardware acceleration on or off in macOS Catalina. As a result, attempting to stream Netflix on Safari for Mac will result in a blank screen.