Is Your Critical Event Management Platform Right for Your Industry?
The world is volatile because of the numerous possibilities for events to happen at any given moment. The important thing is not what happens, but how you respond to it. Protecting sensitive data and preserving stakeholder trust requires companies to prevent cyberattacks and maintain continuity. Your employees, and your operations, will require workflows to respond to potential threats which will directly affect the outcome.
A critical event management platform enables your team to effectively deal with emergencies through risk intelligence, critical communications, and incident management. Modern platforms allow organizations to monitor emerging threats, understand how they might affect personnel and assets.
Stay on top of any changes as they occur, communicate with thousands of stakeholders over different locations, implement response plans, and examine and improve the response over time. Therefore, you will be more effective and prepared when confronted with uncertainty.
The importance of the CEM platform in the business
The crisis management team is expected to understand and access data about potential threats as soon as possible. AI-enabled risk intelligence alerts these teams on critical events before they occur to reduce their impact. Organizations can even prevent threats before they become a full-blown crisis.
AI-Powered Risk Intelligence
In the past, crisis management teams manually analyzed all data before modern risk intelligence technologies came into play. The sheer amount of information available today makes manual analysis insufficient. AI allows security analysts to gather, analyze, and synthesize data faster, so they can focus on developing a response strategy rather than collecting and analyzing data.
Artificial intelligence is capable of sifting through massive amounts of data, including local, national, and international news; police and government alerts, and more. So you can protect your people and safeguard assets, they can filter out events that are likely to impact your business.
Once a potential threat has been detected, you should be able to alert all stakeholders and have them take action. With a CEM platform, your organization can send out geo-targeted, multilingual messages via cellular phone, email, text message, desktop alert, voice, and more. Businesses can protect their employees and assets by using mass notification capabilities.
Information can be distributed to the right people quickly, saving lives and preserving property and brand reputation. Before, during, and after critical events, clear and actionable information can be useful for ensuring business continuity and speeding disaster recovery.
It is imperative to have a plan of action when a crisis occurs. A critical event management platform should provide your team with secure, interactive, and easy-to-update instructions that make it easy to coordinate and communicate a response. Additionally, it should track every action taken by your team so they can review earlier steps, during, and after an event.
Industries that need a CEM platform
Regardless of the size of the business, every industry can benefit from effective CEM platforms that offer risk intelligence, integrated communication, and advanced incident management workflows. Although, most organizations face different events and potential threats. CEM platform can handle the strain of any emergency despite any sector of industry.
- Government organizations need the ability to track threats to public safety and send geo-targeted messages straight to their mobile devices to ensure people in the target areas remain safe.
- Financial and banking services are heavily focusing on detecting financial fraud and money laundering. The risk analysts will be able to identify malicious behavior if any suspicious behavior is flagged by the CEM platform.
- The Healthcare industry must monitor disease outbreaks, track spread specific to regions, provide staff with safety protocols, and even locate missing patients.
- The tech industry needs to prevent cyberattacks and maintain continuity to maintain the trust among customers.
- Retail businesses need a way to notify their staff when a hurricane or tornado is approaching so they can stay indoors or prevent inventory losses.
- Colleges and universities should have an active alert system so that students, faculty, staff, and guests are notified immediately in case of any incidents.
- Oil and gas companies need to keep an eye on possible problems in processing facilities, like leaks or equipment malfunctions.
- The manufacturing industry needs to anticipate possible supply chain disruptions and prepare to deal with them to protect life and property.
Ensure that your platform utilizes the latest technologies and choose a vendor with extensive experience working with other companies in your industry.
The critical event management platform can complement your efforts in assessing, locating, acting upon, and analyzing a potentially harmful incident to your core business functions. Zapoj’s CEM platform provides powerful risk intelligence, mass notification, location tracking, and response capabilities without requiring expensive personnel to handle the data and respond. This key solution can help you improve communication with key stakeholders, automate part of your response, and strengthen your company’s resilience in the face of critical events.