These days the majority of us live a sedentary lifestyle, due to which we end up developing several diseases. As a matter of fact, people now in their 20s get stroke and even become diabetic and stay with the condition for the rest of their lives. This also leads them to visit the hospital often or at least consult with a doctor every on and off. As a result of this, they end up spending a lot of money. Well, there is a way of saving some money even when you are hospitalized. How? You just have to buy a health insurance policy as soon as you can.
There are several health insurance policies in the market and it can be very confusing for anyone to choose one from the lot. However, if you want to stick to the trusted ones, you can opt for Star Health Insurance or Niva Bupa Health Insurance. Since you have to choose any one from these two, let us discuss Star Health Insurance vs Niva Bupa Health Insurance.
Star Health Insurance
Founded in 2006, Star Health Insurance is one of the most south-after health insurance policies today. It comes with 11 policies that cover senior citizens, individuals, family, cardiac care, diabetes, COVID-19 plans, and many more. In the individual as well as family floater plans of Start Health Insurance, you and your family will be covered. The features include:
- It can be bought by people in the age group of 18 years and 65 years
- The policy will protect you, your partner, and three children who are dependent on you. However, the age of the kids have to be within 3 months and 25 years
- The policy will cover expenses such as pre-and post-hospitalization, health check-ups, delivery and newborn, AYUSH treatment, organ donation, and many others
- You will also get coverage for accidental as well as permanent complete disability
- The major benefits include air ambulance as well as second medical opinion
- The policy also provides 100% automatic renewal of the sum insured. However, this is subject to terms and conditions.
Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Niva Bupa is also called Max Bupa and it was founded in 2008. It is known for its reputation in the insurance sector. The insurance provides particular health care policies such as individual, family, critical care, wellness, COVID-19 plans, and many more. The company provides health insurance policies to protect you and your family financially. The significant features of their policies include:
- They provide various categories of health policies such as HEALTH PREMIA, HEALTH COMPANION, GOACTIVE, etc, with various types of coverage
- Their plans also include the basic expenses such as pre-and post-hospitalization, in-patient care, alternate treatment, health check-ups, day-care procedures, maternity and newborn care emergency ambulance, and many more
- Taking their superior plans will help you with benefits such as a daily health coach, OPD consultation, second opinion, mental health treatment, home healthcare services, international coverage, etc.
- You can also avail of automaticpolicy renewal. While some plans have a co-payment feature
- If you have a large family, you can even get customized plans
Both of the companies come with their own benefits. However, you have to choose a policy depending upon your requirements. Apart from these two, there are several other health insurance companies and their policies that you can take a look at. You can also use the health insurance premium calculator to check the premium rates and decide if the policy is affordable enough for you or not. To do so, you can visit the IIFL website and stake your time to come across as many health insurance policies as you want.