There’s no denying it anymore. We are in an age where “everything as a service” is the new big thing. There’s no doubt that cloud computing, the internet, and mobile apps have changed how we live. However, with this paradigm shift comes many terms and acronyms for us to keep up with. One acronym that many haven’t heard about is UCaaS (Unified Communication as a Service). The recent emergence of cloud communications solutions like unified communications as a service, or UCaaS, has ushered in a new era in the telecommunications industry. The allure of UCaaS is that, unlike hosted PBX, businesses can get the best of all worlds by subscribing to this service: the benefits of on-premise systems and those of cloud solutions. Check out the best Ucaas providers reviewed by Ucaas Review to learn more about the various benefits of UCaaS.
What is UCaas?
UCaaS is a cloud-based communications service that includes all the features and capabilities of a traditional phone system. It also has additional services that can improve communication and collaboration among employees.
UCaaS is similar to VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) because both rely on an internet connection to make calls. However, UCaaS goes beyond VoIP and allows users to access various communication and collaboration tools through one platform. UCaaS is the ideal solution for businesses moving away from traditional phone systems. When it comes to modern business communications, you have many choices; you can keep your existing PBX (Private Branch Exchange) system and add VoIP services, upgrade your current system by adding SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) trunks, or go all-in and move to a complete UCaaS solution.
The question, then, is which option fits your needs? In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of each option so you can make an informed decision about your next business phone system.
The benefits of UCaaS are vast and include:
- Increased productivity: UCaaS provides greater collaboration through video conferencing, instant messaging, file sharing, etc.
- Improved Employee Satisfaction: Employees can work from any location with an internet connection and still access the same enterprise-grade applications they would in the office. They can work from home when needed, increasing productivity and reducing turnover.
- Lower Costs: UCaaS provides Lower technology costs and no need for expensive IT support staff. As more companies move to UCaaS, competition will increase, and prices will decrease. Companies can also save money by buying their individual users’ phones.
- Improved Flexibility: With UCaaS, employees can access their business communications tools from any location, allowing your business to function more seamlessly and flexibly. UCaaS also allows your employees to work remotely without compromising productivity. Employees can easily communicate with one another and with customers regardless of their location using the tools they need most.
- Scalability: UCaaS solutions are typically highly scalable and easily offer new features and functionalities as your business grows. You can add these features quickly on a per-user basis, so you only pay for what you need.
- Cost Savings: Implementing a traditional PBX system is high and often takes months to get up and run. With a cloud-based solution such as UCaaS, you can be up and running in days or weeks at a much lower cost. There is no additional hardware or software to purchase since the solution lives in the cloud. You are also free from the ongoing maintenance costs of traditional PBX systems.
- Greater collaboration: With UCaaS, you’ll access fully integrated collaboration tools such as video conferencing, messaging, and screen sharing. It allows your workforce to share ideas, work together in real-time and interact more efficiently regardless of location or time zone.
- Mobility: Modern employees expect to access all their applications on any device and from anywhere. With UCaaS, you can extend your communication solution beyond the office and give employees increased flexibility without compromising security.
- Better customer service: By delivering a consistent experience across all channels, from voice calls and email to instant messaging and social media, you can improve the quality of your customer service. It will not only help you retain customers but also attract new prospects.
- Better business continuity: The cloud is more reliable and resilient than traditional on-premise systems. UCaaS solutions enable you to reroute calls and stay connected with your customers in a disaster or power outage. Many UCaaS providers offer disaster recovery options and business continuity services that ensure seamless operations when problems occur.
UCaaS is proving to be the next step in the way businesses communicate with the rest of the world. Whether it is banking, travel, hospitality, technology, or any other industry, companies everywhere recognize that UCaaS can deliver a complete communications solution reducing costs and focusing on what they do best while reducing reliance on an army of internal IT staff. Servicing over 80% of Fortune 500 companies and supporting 18 different calling features through cloud-based services and mobile connectivity options, Synergy has become an intelligent choice for the next generation of business communications. UCaaS can quickly become your single point of contact for all your communications needs when implemented correctly.