What is a worm gear motor?
What are worm gears?
At the beginning stage, we have to figure out one of the main problems ” What is a worm gear” A worm gear is a type of gear that has a screw-like shape. It is used to transmit power from one shaft to another. The worm gear is specially designed to work with a worm wheel, which is also known as a worm drive. The worm wheel is a large, wheel that has teeth on the edge. It meshes with the worm gear, providing power transmission.
What is a worm gear motor?
A worm gear motor is a type of gear motor that uses a worm gear to convert rotational motion into linear motion. The worm gear is a special type of gear that has teeth that are perpendicular to the shaft, rather than parallel to it. This allows the worms to mesh together, which creates a very strong connection between the two gears.
The worm gear motor reduces the speed of the motor and increases the torque of the motor through the deceleration of the worm gearbox. Deceleration through the miniature gearbox not only reduces the power requirement of the motors, but also greatly reduces the cost of the motor. This is also the main reason why the worm gear motor is recognized by the market.
The advantages of worm gear motor
- The worm gear motor is especially suitable for use in low-speed and high torque applications.
- The worm gear motor is very efficient and can transmit up to 90% of the input power to the output shaft.
- The worm gear motor has a self-locking feature, which means that it will not slip or back drive when power is applied.
- The worm gear motor is very durable and can withstand high levels of torque and shock loads.
- The worm gear motor is easy to maintain and requires very little servicing.
- The worm gear motor is a compact, space-saving design that takes up very little room on the floor.
- Because of the reasonable transmission mode of the worm gear, the noise of the gearbox will be lower than that of the conventional gear motor under the same power and the same reduction ratio.
Two types of worm gear motors on Markets
Worm gear reducers can be adapted to DC and AC motors. Now the worm gear motors in the world are mainly used in self-priming locks, car lift doors, car glass lifts and other fields. The main popular worm gear motors are as follows.
1. worm gear motor for self-priming lock: the worm gear motor for the self-priming lock is a small worm gear motor, which uses a worm to engage with a worm wheel to achieve speed reduction and torque multiplication. The worm gear motor for the self-priming lock has the characteristics of compact structure, high transmission efficiency, stable transmission, no back driving and good self-locking.
2. worm gear motor for car lift door: the worm gear motor for car lift door is also a small worm gear motor. It uses a worm to engage with a worm wheel to achieve speed reduction and torque multiplication. The worm gear motor for the car lift door has the characteristics of compact structure, high transmission efficiency, stable
The future markets of worm gear motors
The worm gear motor is an important part of the transmission system. With the continuous development of society and the improvement of people’s living standards, the demand for worm gear motors will continue to increase. We believe that worm gear motors will become the most popular type of geared motors on the market and are widely used in various fields, so insisting on developing different worm gear motors is the unanimous goal of our engineering team in 2022-2025.