Alongside the emergence of cannabidiol (CBD) products is another promising option for CBD’s positive therapeutic effects. Indeed, you would be unable to find even the slightest of THC. On the market, CBD isolate might not get as much hype as its counterparts, like infused facial moisturizers or CBD lattes. However, it is often considered the most versatile and distinct form of CBD’s different varieties.
One fact about hemp-derived CBD is that it actually does not have psychoactive effects, as compared to THC; on the other hand, it is not entirely THC-free. In 2014, the federal government passed a farm bill for hemp farming. That bill states that hemp plants and hemp products are legal with THC content of under 0.3%.
In case you would like to get into CBD but are nervous about the THC in hemp-derived products, there are some ways where you can still get benefits from this cannabinoid. In fact, CBD isolate might be the best product for you. You mi
What is CBD isolate?
CBD isolate is a crystalline solid or powder, which actually contains about 99% pure CBD. The traditional extracting process actually removes almost all of the active compounds in the cannabis plant. Then, there is a refinement process that removes the phytocannabinoids, plant materials, and THC. Finally, the main CBD compound will be obtained in its purest form. Please see a good example of pure CBD Isolate at bioMD+
Whether the final product is a large CBD crystal or white powder all depends on the process of extraction. Yes, there might be a trace amount of cherry flavor, but that is not a big difference in taste or odor from any form of CBD isolate.
What is the difference between CBD oil and CBD isolate?
On the market, there are two main forms of CBD. One is CBD oil, and the other one is CBD isolate. CBD oil is obtained from the cannabis plant. This oil is used to lessen the symptoms associated with cancer, epilepsy, and anxiety. There are many CBD oils and tinctures. However, all of these are not created equal in production.
On the other hand, CBD isolate does not actually have cannabinoids, terpenes, or flavonoids. There is one exception: CBD isolate might contain some terpenes. CBD crystals are purified and can be extracted from industrial hemp; they are also isolated from other cannabinoids. One of the major reasons to choose CBD isolate over CBD oil is that it does not make you high. Indeed, it has various health benefits. Furthermore, CBD isolate can be used to form effective, long-lasting soft gel CBD capsules.
How do you use CBD isolate?
You can use CBD isolate in many ways; each has its own advantages and disadvantages. These are:
Ingesting (Easiest method among all others)
- Measure the desired dose with the help of calibrated kitchen scales
- Dissolve it into drinks, swallow the isolate, or mix in the foods. Dissolving the isolate powder is much easier than crystals.
- It’s always better if you consume the isolate with other foods or after meals, as this is easy for your body to absorb CBD. Taking it on an empty stomach is not a good choice.
- After you take CBD, it normally takes around 30-90 minutes to have an effect. The effects after taking CBD last much longer than any other method.
- The only downside of this process is that it takes less CBD as compared to other methods like inhaling, vaping, and sublingually.
Sublingual (Easy Method)
- Take your proper dose.
- Instead of fully swallowing the isolate, place it underneath your tongue and let it dissolve.
- If possible, leave the isolate under your tongue for about 90 seconds (or longer).
- Before you swallow, wash it down.
- In this method, the blood vessels under the tongue or in the gums absorb the CBD.
- This is the most efficient, effective method to take CBD because most of it will be absorbed.
Dabbing (A relatively difficult method)
- First, set up the rig. Then, make arrangements to place water into the housing, and using the cap dabber, measure the dose you desire. Take a small amount until you are familiar with the inhaling procedures.
- You have to heat the nail around 300 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. To reach this temperature, first heat the nail for about 20 seconds. After that, cool it for another 40 seconds. If you see a nail glowing red, then it is too hot. In this scenario, the CBD will be combusted, which results in the reduction of effectiveness and the potentiality.
- Make sure to use a cap dabber/wand to inhale the vapor spurred through the hot nail. Also, try to rotate the dabbing wand to make it all vaporized.
Is CBD isolate better?
CBD isolate is a better option for those who want to try CBD but do not want to take a considerable amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Compositionally, THC is the most active ingredient in cannabis. For the other CBD products, there is some THC content.
Inside the human body, CBD acts as cannabinoid receptors. In fact, the human body is capable of producing its own cannabinoids, which are able to influence other bodily functions. These are:
- Pain perception
- Inflammation levels
Some of the major effects CBD may provide include:
- Fighting inflammation
- Preventing tumors from developing
- Boosting your immune system
- Helping reduce or prevent anxiety
- Relieving pain
- Preventing vomiting
- Restoring the nervous system
- Preventing or reducing seizures
Other studies show that the CBD components can also influence non-cannabinoid receptors like the serotonin receptor. Serotonin is a chemical compound that can affect anxiety, depression, and sleeplessness. As a matter of fact, CBD eases pain and anxiety for some peoples.
One study’s results show that CBD isolate’s effectiveness is highest at certain doses. Full-spectrum CBD products will actually have greater effects directly related to the dosage increasing.