Which Is Better Mattress Hybrid Or Innerspring Mattress? An Expert’s Guide
We all have different needs and requirements when it comes to a mattress. There is no one-size-fits-all solution here. While some are price conscious, some look for mattresses that doesn’t worsen their allergies. Our needs vary from one individual to another. Hence, you will come across a plethora of variety in the market. But, the most common question asked is, which one id the best, hybrid or innerspring mattress. To make it more simple for you, we have all the information right here. Keep reading to know more.
What Is A Hybrid Mattress?
A hybrid mattress is a multi-layer bed, which offers the best of innerspring and memory foam mattress. If you are some one who loves the pressure relief provided by the foam and the firmness of the classic spring, then this is the best option for you.
Now that you know what a hybrid mattress is, let’s move on to its components.
- Base Layer: The base layer is typically made of foam and can be approximately 1-inch think. This provides your mattress the basic padding, giving it a foundation.
- Support Core: The majority of the mattress is the support core, which can be about 7-8 inches. This is where you will find pocket wrapped coils and springs.
- Foam Layer: This is where you will find your memory foam.
Image Credits: Dreamcloudsleep.com
If you are someone who likes the firmness as well as the cosy warmth of the foam, this one is for you. In fact, with hybrid mattress, there is no room for confusion because you are literally getting the best of both worlds. According to a study conducted by Furniture Today and Apartment Therapy, it was seen that majorly buyers preferred the hybrid mattress in terms of quality and popularity.
Advantages Of Hybrid Mattress
- In hybrid mattress you will see that there is an increased air circulation when compared to other mattresses. And this means, the overheating problem is avoided. In fact, most hybrid mattresses also come with a gelling agent, which helps keep your mattress cool.
- It offers great comfort and helps combat back and neck pain.
- The absorption properties of the foam provided helps reduce motion transfer. Hence, you won’t feel every movement of your partner’s.
Disadvantages Of Hybrid Mattress
- Generally, hybrid mattresses can be a little expensive.
- They are quite heavy.
Image Credits: Dreamcloudsleep.com
What Is A Innerspring Mattress?
One of the oldest types of mattress in the innerspring mattress and just like the name suggests, it is a bed with springs inside to offer support. Now, don’t worry, it’s not all springs. One layer of the bed consists of coil, while the other is stuffed with a comfort material of your choice, which includes; latex, natural fibers, and foam. So now that you know what is an innerspring mattress, let’s move on to its advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages Of Innerspring Mattress
- Innerspring mattresses lasts longer when compared to most mattresses.
- They are easily available. There are a plethora of innerspring models in the market.
- It has been made for more than 100 years now. So with time, the design has only been enlaced for better.
- The innerspring mattresses we see nowadays incorporate some components of memory foam.
- It is cheaper compared to other beds.
- If you are someone who likes the traditional feel of a bed, then this is for you.
Disadvantages Of Innerspring Mattress
- If the mattress doesn’t suit your body type, it is possible that you end up feeling the springs of the mattress.
- Some models ask you rotate and flip periodically for the bed to live a longer life.
- It is not very easy to clean innerspring.
- Not very good at reducing motion transfer.
- It is prone to sagging.
In conclusion, all we can tell you is both types come with its own set of pros and cons. Therefore, choose the mattress according to your needs. For instance, if you are someone whose partner moves a lot at night disrupting your sleep, then hybrid is the right choice for you. However, if you are looking for something that lasts long then opt for innerspring. Nevertheless, choose wisely!