Even though there has been an introduction of newer technologies to reduce fat, liposuction still tops off the chart for the most favored option for fat reduction. The procedure is the best choice to remove fat both for men and women. So, why exactly liposuction remains the favorite fat reduction option?
Read this article to know the reasons for liposuction’s high demand, what to expect during the procedure and how to ensure a fast recovery.
What is Liposuction?
The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery defines liposuction as a surgical procedure to remove fat. The procedure can effectively remove fat from the legs, abdomen, back, arms, face and neck. Although it costs more than other non-invasive fat reduction options, the results of liposuction are far more noticeable.
To define a non-invasive fat reduction treatment, it is more a treatment option that eliminates undesired fat cells topically rather than a surgery or procedure.
5 Benefits of Undergoing Liposuction Than Other Procedures
Here are the 5 primary benefits of choosing liposuction in Delhi than other procedures for body enhancement.
- Best way to enhance body shape and contour- With other options such as CoolSculpting or SculpSure, it can’t be decided beforehand how much fat can be taken out nor a specific area can be sculpted. Both these disadvantages can be conquered with the liposuction procedure. Also, the doctor uses a tool that sheds those fat cells in a particular way that enhances the body’s shape as you desire.
- Results are immediate, dramatic, predictable- With other options, you have to wait for almost 2-3 months to see some results but after the liposuction, you can see immediate results. The results are dramatic as the fat is removed immediately and in an exact amount that is required to shape the body.
- Small procedure with several benefits- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis which means that it is completed on the same day itself. After thorough observation, the patient can go back. Furthermore, on an average they can go back to work within 2 days. However, they should take the necessary steps meanwhile.
- Overall cost is less than non-surgical option- In case you are looking to remove fat from a larger part of the body, then liposuction is the way. Non surgical options such as CoolSculpting can reduce fat in one or two areas only and cannot help with major reshaping. Yes, you can surely try for coolsculpting but then you have to go for the procedure repeatedly which is going to cost you much more in the long run. While, liposuction gets rid of the fat in just one sitting. Also, you don’t have to wait for months for the results to become noticeable.
- Can be performed with other procedures- People can undergo liposuction in addition to other surgical procedures that enhance the body shape. For instance, a person undergoing an abdominoplasty which removes excess tissue and tightens the abdominal muscles can have an excellent body contour if they undergo a liposuction to remove the fat from waist, hips and lower back. Tighter abs along with toned buttocks, a great body composition!
Another example could be undergoing liposuction for curing breast enlargement in men. The fat accumulated on the chest is one of the most difficult types of fat to shed. Hence, doctors recommend undergoing a liposuction.
What To Expect During Liposuction
Here’s what a general liposuction procedure entails.
● Step 1- Prepping for Surgery
Once you reach the hospital, the doctor takes photos before the surgery and marks the areas from where the fat will be removed. Following the marking is the process of checking vitals such as tracking heart rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
● Step 2- Anesthesia
Once the doctor and anesthetist ensures all the vitals are normal, the patient is either given a general or local anesthesia to make sure there is no pain or discomfort.
● Step 3- Making of Incisions
The doctor starts with the surgery by making several small incisions of ⅛- ½ inches in places where it cannot scar much. Through this, a mixture of saline solution and an anesthetic is injected into the fatty area.
● Step 4- Inserting the probes
Depending on the type of technique the person has decided to undergo for liposuction, the doctor takes the following step.
- Power-assisted lipo- With the help of a specialized cannula, the doctor moves to and fro to take out the fat.
- Laser lipo- A tube is inserted into the area through the incision that emits laser energy to heat the fat.
- VASER Liposuction- The doctor inserts probes that emit ultrasound waves to break the fat cells.
- Dry lipo-The most conventional method of liposuction.
- Tumescent lipo- A saline solution is injected into the place and the fat is suctioned through tubes.
- Ultrasound-assisted lipo- As it suggests, the cannula energized with ultrasound melts away the stubborn fat.
● Step 4-Breaking the fat cells and taking them out
The fat cells are broken due to the heat or movement and these are drained through cannula.
● Step 5- Stitching the incisions
The final step is to close the incisions with sutures or dissolvable glue.
How To Recover After Liposuction
Here are few things to keep in mind while recovering from liposuction procedure. These are some common measures that can speed up the healing process as well as ensure there are minimum side effects.
- Wear a compression garment.
- Don’t go under direct sunlight for a period of at least 42 days.
- Take brisk walks regularly within 48 hours of the surgery to promote blood circulation.
- Avoid performing any strenuous exercises or lifting heavyweights.
- Resume daily routine after taking through rest for a week.
- Quit drinking alcohol for the entire recovery period. If possible, give up drinking totally.
- Keep yourself hydrated which means drink lots of fluids during the entire recovery period.
- 3 weeks into the recovery, take off the compression garment and massage the chest muscles several times a day for at least 20 minutes.
- Once the doctor removes the bandages, don’t forget to take a bath. Make sure that the water runs over the surgical area.
- Take the painkillers as prescribed by the doctor at regular intervals within the prescribed dosage.
If you follow the above tips judiciously, it is possible for you to have a fast and complication-free recovery. If all goes well, you’ll be able to completely recover within 4-6 weeks and the results can become evident by then.
Now that you are aware of the possible reasons for liposuction being the most preferred procedure for removing fat, consider undergoing one. You can choose to undergo a liposuction surgery in Delhi from Pristyn Care. Their doctors are highly specialized to provide the VASER liposuction and their aesthetic sense is so promising that there won’t be any visible scarring.