All dog owners should know about the importance of dog nail grinders! They are great grooming tools that work as alternative nail-cutting solutions for dogs who are frightened by clippers.
How does a dog nail grinder work? Simple: these tools will grind away at the nail with high-speed, rounded grinders. They will not cut away anything! If you are on the lookout for the best dog nail grinders on the market, stick around to learn more. Read our review.
Advantages Of Using A Dog Nail Grinder
There are many advantages to using this magnificent tool:
- The best tool for fearful dogs: it is not unusual to find some dogs that have had some nasty experiences with clippers. Grinders are much easier to use and they protect nails more as they prevent you from cutting too quickly.
- Improved edges: when you use grinders, your dogs will get much smoother edges that look a lot better. You can also prevent the dogs from snagging their nails on their surroundings.
- Reduced cracking and pinching: as you may know, the majority of clippers tend to pinch a dog’s cuticle while cutting and this can be very bad if not properly done. The pressure can cause a dog’s nails to crack.
Disadvantages of Using Dog
There are a few disadvantages that you should take into consideration:
- You can still damage the quick: if you don’t keep a close eye onwhere your dog’s quick is as you grind, you still may hit it!
- They are noisy: grinders make a humming noise that can startle or even frighten some dogs.
- They can smell odd: grinding a dog’s nails can produce a very unpleasant odor. And when done indoors this can make the process quite uncomfortable
Best Dog Nail Grinder on The Market Right Now!
- Dremel Pet Nail Grooming Tool
This is one of the most popular nail grinding devicea made by the market-leading Dremel brand.
- Two speeds
- A useful 7300-PT 4.8V Rotary Tool which is perfect with a Three-Hour Battery Charge.
- Available on Amazon
- Twin Speeds. There are two rotation speed settings (6,500 and 13,000 RPM). This enables you to safely grind a dog’s nails in numerous stages.
- Urpower Nail Grinder
The UrPower Grinder is very slim and ergonomically-friendly. It is also quieter than the majority of grinders.
- Diamond bit grinder for safety and effectiveness.
- Ideal for small and medium-sized pets.
- Very quiet
- Multiple grinding areas. This makes it possible to grind several types of pets including hamsters, rabbits, and cats, as well as dogs.
- Rechargeable via USB.
- Battery lasts up to three hours.
- Furminator Grinder
The FURminator offers several speeds and an LED light for better visualisation during grooming.
- Top performance while being lightweight.
- Very dog-friendly
- Automatic LED light to ensure safety and control
- 2 Speeds.
- 4 AA Batteries.
- Nail guard helps prevent a dog’s fur from getting snagged in the grinder.
So this is it! Think about using dog grinders for your dogs. It is not only safer but also dog-friendly.