To eject Snoring needs proper treatment. While many anti-sleeping gadgets are available, but doctor suggests maintaining a healthy life to stop snoring.
The sleep disorder specialist at Harvard-affiliated Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Dr. Sanjay Patel, says “Snoring is a sign that there is a really narrowed space. That happens either in your nasal passages or in the back of your throat.” If you can catch the grounds for your snoring, you can take measures to stop it.
According to research, 57% of men and 40% of women have a snoring problem. 27% of Children in America also have the snoring problem. The reason for Snoring is different from men to men. Some are snoring for the genetic problem, some are for Nasal congestion, and some are for sleeping positions. In this write-up, I will give you an overview of different causes of Snoring and How you can stop it.
What is Snoring?
Snoring is a common sign of obstructive sleep apnea. Snoring is a croaky noise created in the nasopharynx while sleeping. It generally happens for improper breathing problems. When the upper airways’ tissue vibrates in the period of sleep is the primary cause of rumbling sound. The cause of sound doesn’t always depend on one part of the body. Your tonsillar pillars, soft palate, the tongue is also responsible sometimes.
If you have a snoring problem, it will lead you to daytime fatigue and cause many health problems. Due to the snoring problem, you may also face relationship problems because it’s awkward when your partner has a snoring problem. Sleeping on a separate bed is not the remedy to the snoring problem. There exist many proven paths to unravel this problem.
Why We Snore?
As I said before, people snore for different causes. It needs to know why we snore to stop it. When you realize the real reason for your snoring, you can quickly solve your problem. Now and then, you don’t need to visit a doctor even. The reason we snore generally are included_
- Age: If you are in middle age or beyond 45, your throat turns narrower, besides your muscle tone decreases. With age, you have to face the problem more. In contrast, you can’t do anything with doing throat exercise.
- Nasal and Sinus Problem: If you have a Sinus problem that creates a vacuum on your throat, which is cause for snoring. It blocks your airways while you are breathing.
- Genetics: Genes played an essential role in building our physical and mental structure. The primary factor for your snoring is maybe your genes because they inherited the character from your biological parents to you.
- Nasal Congestion: Your nasal congestion may happen for allergy, trauma to the nose, sinus infections, and other illnesses. Nasal Congestion is a general condition for snoring that every day occurred.
- Sleeping Position: Your sleeping position is also responsible for snoring. All the sleeping positions have some benefits and drawbacks. The finest and effective sleeping position is when you sleep on your back.
- Use of Alcohol and other Drugs: The use of alcohol is widespread, and you may take it. When you are drunk and go to sleep, this may cause your snoring. Because of too much drink, you may snore even if you don’t have the habit.
- Smoking: Smoking is also responsible for snoring. It affects airways. Sooking too much may cause congestion on your nose. That increases breathing problems. The secondhand smoker has a possible risk for snoring. The research found that the possibility of snoring is too much of a female smoker than a male smoker.
- Being Overweight: Your overweight affects your snoring. Increasing weight means the whole body area has grown with the neck. That creates pressure on your throat, and it is the cause of vibration.
- Sleep Deprivation: Sleeping for a short period at night may also cause your snoring. Short period sleep cause muscle tone, and that’s the cause of Sleep Deprivation. Who sleeps for a long time for them snoring has not connection with Sleep Deprivation.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Because of the obstruction in your airways, snoring may occur. Obstructive Sleep Apnea is a sleeping disorder disease. Snoring is the symptom of this disease.
How to Stop Snoring?
Snoring is awkward when your partner has a habit of snoring, and it disturbs your sleep. Snoring may occasionally occur due to a relaxed state. But if it becomes a common incident, then it is a severe problem. You need to focus on the treatment of snoring. There are many treatments available on snoring. You can follow a natural way, can use a gadget or some kind of oil or exercise. Relaxsonia suggests some anti-snoring devices like SnoreStop.
If you want to stop the loud snoring, firstly, you have to identify the cause of snoring. Here in below, I suggest you some tips to stops snoring_
- Side Sleeping: Side sleep is the best sleeping position to avoid Snoring. This trick is for those who have snoring problems in a minor state. When your side sleeps, your muscles have untoned, and it prevents blocking the breathing passageways.
- Peppermint Oil and Goldenseal: Those who have snoring problems due to nasal or chest congestion can use Peppermint Oil. This kind of oil is essential for sore throats. Goldenseal is another remedy that can help you to relieve nasal or chest congestion.
- Vitamin C: Sinus creates an obstacle in the airways. Vitamin C can help you in this regard. We know Vitamin C can promote the immune system. A healthy immune system can remove the sinus problem.
- Eucalyptus and Peppermint: Eucalyptus helps to cold the chests. Eucalyptus oil can help you to give a snore-free night. Its leaves are helpful to stream it as an inhaler. It removes your breathing problem and clears your sinus.
- Bodyweight back to normal: If you are carrying extra weight in your body, generally in the neck, it may cause narrowing of your throat when you sleep. Neck circumference is the significant cause for snoring. So, getting an average weight in your body can remove your problem.
- Limit or Avoid Alcohol: People drink alcohol when they want to be relaxed. And snoring happens when your tongue and throat get loosened. So, limit your Alcohol can reduce your snoring problem or stop it permanently.
- Throat and Tongue Excercise: A healthy throat and tongue can help avoid the language and throat area’s relaxation. A proper exercise of the throat and tongue can help you to prevent snoring for an extended period.
- Avoid Dairy Product at Night: Eating dairy food at night can cause your snoring because it creates mucus on your mouth and throat. That mucous blockages the airways. So avoiding dairy products like milk can remove your snoring problem. If you have this practice, remove it right away.
Snoring is a disease, not a habit. Every condition has treatment. If you are stressed about your partner’s snoring problem or yours’s, it only needs proper treatment to cure. At the same time, there are many ways available to cure this disease. You have to follow a technique strictly. Using an Anti-snoring gadget is a more convenient and straightforward treatment on this issue. They have no side effects and have a long-term benefit.
Maintaining sound health is the first recommendation of doctors to get rid of any kind of disease like snoring. Avoid dairy food, alcohol, and other drugs to maintain a healthy life.