How To Recover Deleted Photos From Computer Easily
Since the discovery of photographic cameras, people have developed a great interest in taking and collecting photographs. Until a few decades ago, these photos were kept in photo albums or boxes. Today, photos are taken digitally and stored on computers and mobile phones. It allows you to store thousands of photos on your computer’s hard drive or an SD card inserted in your phone.
One of the disadvantages is that it is easy to lose photos from these devices. They are physical objects, and if destroyed, they will disappear forever. Using photo recovery software can save you from this situation.
A system update may accidentally delete some of your precious photos. You may have to recover deleted photos from your computer; this is where you can use Wondershare Recoverit software to recover your precious photos which you might have deleted accidentally.
The Normal Ways To Recover Deleted Photos
Restore From A Recycle Bin
The first place to find any deleted images is your recycle bin. This is where the Windows operating system places files that have been marked for deletion. These files still reside on your computer and can be recovered easily. If you use Mac, then Recoverit is the best Mac data recovery software. Once a photo is permanently deleted from the computer’s hard drive, it will not immediately disappear without a trace. The storage space it occupies will be considered free and can be overwritten. In addition, if you have enabled the backup function in Windows, you can easily restore deleted photos.
- Go to the folder where the photo was stored before deleting it.
- Right-click on the folder and then select the “Restore Previous Version” option.
- Now browse and select the photo versions you want to restore and then click the “Restore” button to restore them.
Restore Deleted Photos from Previous Versions
Another way to recover deleted photos from your computer is to use the file history backup feature in Windows 10/8/11, automatically copying every file in your documents, music, photos, and folders every hour. Please note that you can only recover photos if file history is enabled before deletion. The process is very simple.
- Go to the folder with photo storage before deleting the photos.
- Right-click the folder, and then select the “Restore previous version” option.
- Now find and select the version of the photos you want to recover, and then click the “Recover” button to recover them.
Recover Deleted Photos From Windows Backup And Restore
Backup and restore on Windows systems (Windows 7) can also help you recover deleted photos from your computer without software, but only if you previously enabled it.
- Go to the Control Panel, and then choose System and Security, then Backup and then Restore (Windows 7).
- Select “Restore my files,” and then follow all the steps as instructed.
- You can browse or search for backup files and choose a location to restore them.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Computer Hard Drive With Recoverit (Windows And Mac Compatible)
If you permanently delete the photos without any copies and then the above methods will not work for you, you can try the fourth option. You can easily recover permanently deleted photos from Windows (even the latest version of Windows 11) or Mac computers. Recoverit is convenient data recovery software that can recover deleted/lost photos without backup under any circumstances.
Recoverit Photo Recovery software is quite powerful. It can easily recover deleted images or photos from the computer, even from an empty recycle bin. As a reliable and safe data recovery software, it can also protect the security and privacy of your data.
Follow These Steps Below
- Launch the Recoverit Photo Recovery software. To recover deleted images from your computer, you need to select the specific location where the photos were lost or deleted and then click “Start” to process.
- The deleted image recovery software will start to scan the hard drive of your choice for an in-depth search for lost or deleted images. If it is a hard disk that takes up little storage space, the scan can be completed in a few minutes.
- After a deep scan, you can check all the recovered data. To preview some of the formats and types of photos, for example, JPEG, JPG, TIF, PNG, GIF, and BMP, etc.
- You can choose one or more pictures and then click on the “Recover” button to restore and save the files on your computer.
You can recover all kinds of data with a 96% recovery rate without quality loss, especially videos, audio, and documents. The best way to recover deleted photos from a PC is to use Wondershare Recoverit Photo Recovery software.