Sunbathing is harmful. This is not about a healthy dose of vitamin D but about targeted browning in the sun or a tanning bed. Fortunately, it is easy to get a pleasant “kiss of the sun” shade without the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation on the skin. All you need to do is choose a good self-tanner and learn how to apply it correctly.
Types of self-tanning
Gone are the days when the only form of self-tanning release was milk. Modern bronzers come in several forms, one more convenient than the other.
Indoor tanning lotion
Indoor tanning lotion is a classic texture that is easy to apply due to its moderate flow. If you want to look like you’ve just returned from vacation, you don’t have to go to the solarium. A good Indoor tanning lotion for the body can give you such an opportunity. It comes among the best solution, and many people are trying it and getting positive results.
It is a liquid auto bronzer, which should be added in 2-4 drops to the cream for the face or body’s skin. The tint of the tan is gradually applied; the noticeable result will appear around the 4th day.
Perhaps it’s the best option after lotion: it is quickly applied, evenly distributed, and is well absorbed. After application, as a rule, you do not have to wait long before you can get dressed.
In terms of ease of use, it competes with the spray. As an additional plus – the most delicate texture.
In addition to the actual tan color, the oil allows you to create the impression of smooth, radiant, well-groomed skin. It perfectly emphasizes the muscular relief of the body.
For more information visit here Skin Care
Because the gel texture is pleasantly cooling to the skin, the jelly is a great product to apply in hot weather.
How to start Self-tanning
Having dealt with the format of the tool, you should pay attention to its formula. Ideally, an auto bronzer should not only imitate a tan, but also take care of the skin – moisturize, soften, and add radiance. To do this, the composition may include moisturizing agents and hydro-fixing agents such as hyaluronic acid, aloe juice, and glycerin, as well as reflective particles.
In the latest generation products, antioxidants are also required, such as tea extract, grape seed extract, cockatoo plum extract (champion in ascorbic content), vitamin E.
Also, the composition should be as safe as possible. Therefore, you should start your search for self-tanning with brands that adhere to the concept of clean beauty. Their bronzing formulas use the familiar plant-based dihydroxyacetone (DHA) substance that is common to all self-tanners, which stimulates the synthesis of the melanin pigment in the skin.
Auto bronzer will show its best side only on one condition: if you apply it correctly. And this means strict adherence to the stages, although you will have to spend some time on “tanning.”
- Prepare your skin: take a shower, cleanse your skin well, and then exfoliate with a scrub or massage glove (in the case of facial skin, an enzymatic peel). This will even out the skin’s texture so that the shade lays evenly, without spots or streaks.
- Apply moisturizer or lotion to towel-dried skin, again for an even tone.
- Once the moisturizer has absorbed well, start applying your self-tanner. You can distribute it with your hands or with a sponge or a special soft mitten (sometimes it is included in the kit). Spread the product gently, make sure that the layer is even on all areas of the skin.
- Wash your hands quickly with cool water to prevent your palms from turning orange.
- Allow the tanning machine time to set on the skin; otherwise, marks may remain on your clothes.
- Do not apply cream or oil on top so that the hard-obtained even shade does not turn into a mottled pattern.
- Refresh the color every few days.
We have discussed some self-tanning rules; if you follow our instructions, you will get the perfect results without wasting time and effort. Select one type of self-tanning (most preferably indoor tanning lotions) and get your desired results.