Chocolate cake is probably the most easy to bake cake and if you and your dear ones prefer eggless chocolate cake, then worry not! We are here with a super simple recipe that will produce a yummy chocolate cake. The chocolate cake that you will get after following the recipe will be decadent, dark, moist, and you will surely love it! So, let’s get started with the ingredients and recipe to bake a super yummy eggless chocolate cake.
- 1 ½ cups maida (all purpose flour) – 180g
- 1 tsp baking powder- 4g
- ½ cup milk and 1 tsp white vinegar, mixed and rested for 5 minutes -120mL and 5mL
- ¾ cups cocoa powder- 75g
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or curd hung over night)- 285g
- ½ tsp vanilla extract – 2.5mL
- ½ tsp baking soda -3g
- ¾ cup vegetable oil- 180mL
- 1 ½ ups castor sugar -300g
- a pinch of salt
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Line a 9″ baking container with parchment paper.
- Blend cocoa, salt, flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a bowl.
- In a huge bowl, beat together sugar and oil until the blend is light and pale.
- Now add yogurt and blend well.
- Beat in vanilla utilizing the blender at low speed.
- Add the flour blend to the wet ingredients rotating with milk, beginning and ending with flour blend. Mix just until all combined. Don’t over mix.
- Empty the batter into the container and bake at 180 degree C for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Now let the cake cool for some time. You can frost the cake as per your preferences. Choose any chocolate syrup or dry fruits and decorate your cake to serve.
Tips for Baking
- Before making this eggless chocolate cake, ensure you line your baking container with parchment paper. In case you don’t have parchment paper, you can brush the container properly with butter.
- While mixing dry and wet ingredients, make certain to not over mix. By over blending, you will take out all the air and land up with a thick cake. Essentially utilize an offset spatula and delicately pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Ensure all of your ingredients, including milk, are at room temperature. This is significant on the grounds that room temperature ingredients emulsify better.
- You can add vinegar to the milk before adding it to the batter since it makes the cake softer. If you don’t have vinegar, you can avoid it.
- Let the cake cool totally before you begin the icing or decorating part.
So, that was all about baking a delectable eggless chocolate cake at home. If you don’t have the ingredients or equipment to bake the cake or are busy, then you can always turn on to online bakeries. Order eggless cake online in your preferred flavor and enjoy the delicious cake with your dear ones. Happy baking! Happy eating!