Top 4 Points For You To Know About Microducts
A microduct is an item used by many, but unknown to most people. It is a crucial component of an optical fiber network, which we all know serves as the backbone infrastructure for our high-speed internet, cars, cable TV, and a lot more.
While the average Joe may not be interested in this item, internet service providers (ISP), Cable TV service providers, etc. need to be equipped with the right information when setting up fiber optics infrastructure. This is the sole reason we recommend adequate knowledge of microducts and the microduct extrusion line.
This article covers microducts and microduct extrusion lines, all you need to know about them, and actionable information to be well informed when making a purchase.
Click here – 7 Benefits of Under Sink Water Filters
What is a microduct?
Fundamentally, microducts are tubings that enclose fiber optic cables.
They are small ducts that provide smooth, continuous, low friction paths for placing optic cables. This allows cables to be deployed using less than 50 lbs. force through cable blowing techniques. Usually made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), they come in various sizes, which depend on the intended specifications, but they are capable of deploying large fiber counts.
Microducts can be pre-installed into optic cables or pushed into already existing cable tubings. The use of microducts in fiber optic infrastructure helps saves space, provides room for future expansion, speeds up installation, and reduces the labor cost.
What are microduct extrusion lines?
Fiber optic networks are quite common in the era of digital technology — especially in the area of computer networking, they are virtually everywhere in our society. Deploying these optic cables, on the other hand, requires a specific set of procedures, the most prominent of which is one that uses microduct, thanks to its unique set of advantages.
Microduct extrusion lines are used to produce these microducts.
These ducts are arranged into bundles and covered in a sheath to make the typical microduct bundles we know.
Advantages of microducts
Although there are other methods for the placement of optic cables, such as the traditional duct installation that utilizes direct burying in the case of broadband cables, the microduct remains superior.
Below are some of its advantages;
- It can be deployed to any location where traditional conduit are used.
- They can be pushed into already existing tubings to allow expansion of already existing networks to meet growing demand.
- It has a low initial cost.
- It allows easy replacement of old cables through the already existing networks, without having to build a whole new network instead.
- With microducts, there is a possibility to migrate from copper balanced cables to fiber optic cables.
Click here – Best cryptocurrency payment apps in 2020
Benefits of Dekuma Microduct extension line
In that regard, one needs a reliable microduct extrusion line to ensure all of the above benefits, and the forefront company for such products is Dekuma. Here are some of the benefits of using the Dekuma microduct extrusion line:
- Wide variety of products: Dekuma offers multiple variations of microducts such as linear, flat, 2-way, 3-way, 4-way, 7-way, 24-way, and many more. This allows customers to select products based on their unique needs.
- Time effective: Dekuma microduct extrusion line offers a high-speed extrusion line for silicone pipe which extrudes a 12 mm silicone core pipe at a delivery speed of 80 – 100m per minute. It also offers microduct extrusion lines for microduct extrusion bundles, the 12 mm seven-core bundle reaches a stable production speed of 20 – 25 mm per minute. This is the very best of its kind.
- Cost-effective and efficient machines: Dekuma also offers different sets of microduct extrusion lines either for silicone pipes or microduct bundles. These machines are user-friendly, high-speed machines that produce high-quality arranged products.
- A wealth of experience: Dekuma launched its first microduct extrusion line in the year 2000 and since then keeps evolving in its technology to meet its customers’ needs. This is the kind of experience that makes it the first choice for microduct extrusion lines.
Emphasizing all the features of microducts and microduct extension lines is not enough, it becomes necessary to place significant effort to utilize the information from this post to guide your purchase. But, if you just want to get a reputable product, the microducts from Dekuma are your best bet.
Dekuma is a manufacturing company based in Guangdong, China that offers rubber molding and press machine solutions. Their vast portfolio involves the deployment of the largest horizontal rubber injection machine of 2800 tons in China back in 2010. They also boast of over forty patented technologies while offering other professional services, after-sale warranty, and maintenance services. For more information, visit their website.