Screen recording used to be a real challenge a couple of years ago. In fact, you had to use several complicated tools or even pay an expensive software expert to do it. Fortunately, the development of screen recording software has made it easier to get this done. Today, you can create professional-looking tutorials with minimal effort. In case you have never used a screen recorder, you might be wondering why you would need it in the first place. For instance, when you own a business, need to do a product demonstration, or simply want to offer tech support from your screen, you will need to record your screen! Sometimes, you may even want to learn how to screen record Netflix right from your computer. Suppose you want a high-quality recording of your entire screen, or you just want to record a specific portion. In that case, only a high-quality screen recorder can get it done.
In this article, you will learn a list of 5 screen recording software that you can use to perfect the screen recording process
1. EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is an excellent recording tool that you can use to record whatever you want from your screen. Even though people usually associate screen recording with videos, you can use EaseUS Rec Experts as a streaming audio recorder! With this software, you can select whether you want to record in full-screen mode or a portion of the screen you can choose! With this software, you can finally record a zoom call, your favorite Netflix show, or a product launch from your preferred tech company. Furthermore, EaseUS RecExperts is excellent audio recording software that can capture audio along with the video. Another great feature is that you can pick a specific time to begin recording, and it will do it automatically. This is useful when you won’t be at home, and you don’t want to miss something.
- You can record videos in excellent quality up to 4K
- Record audio and video from your webcam, screen or simultaneously
- Use the Task Scheduler to manage automatic screen recording
- Free to use
- Access to a wide variety of advanced recording tools.
- Not easy to understand. You might need to do a bit of research.
2. Apowersoft Unlimited
This program is also an excellent alternative for screen recording. It is compatible with Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows. It allows you to wirelessly stream your Android or iPhone device to your PC screen and use the desktop recorder to simultaneously capture audio from your PC, mobile device, microphone, and webcam on your computer! Its desktop Screen Recorder software provides multiple recording modes, including full screen, custom area, etc. Another exciting feature is the possibility to annotate recordings in real-time. For instance, you can apply captions, lines, text, and more without having to pause the recording.
- Use your computer and smartphone on the same Wi-Fi network to record simultaneously.
- Mac and Windows users can use the desktop screen recorder to record all kinds of activities on the screen.
- While recording, you can insert annotations, colors, shapes, notes, and various icons in real-time.
- Record up to 1080p.
- You can record what is happening on your monitor and webcam simultaneously.
- You have access to most tool without needing to pay a fee.
- It can’t capture a secondary monitor.
This is one of the best screens recording software that you can use for Mac computers. Usually, it is tough to find a Mac screen recorder that can also record sound, which is why you will love ScreenFlow. Its feature set includes the ability to record your Mac in retina resolution. Also, you can add background audio to your recorded material. If you love editing, you will like the style and template tools included with the software.
- Use the style and template tools to save image/audio settings for specific instances. Additionally, you will be able to pre-sort, insert, and customize annotations such as text placeholders and trailing segments.
- It offers the ScreenFlow Super Pack version for premium users, which gives access to over 500,000 unique images and audio clips to insert in recordings.
- It has an advanced set of recording and editing tools.
- It has an easy-to-understand user interface.
- It is not entirely free to use as some tools are only available in the premium version.
Ezvid is a free screen recording software. A great thing about Ezvid is that it can use your computer’s processing power to improve screen recording speed and video editing capabilities. In fact, with Ezvid, you can upload your recordings to sites such as YouTube right from the software. Also, Ezvid has created a customer wiki as a database for clients to review the work of past customers! Soon enough, it will become a significant video wiki for screen recording software.
- It can record at incredible speeds and quality without any lag!
- Access to several video editing tools.
- Share your recording on social media.
- It has a front camera and a voice synthesizer.
- You can create professional-looking videos in minutes for free.
- It is heavy software that requires 10 GB of free hard drive space.
- It does require a fast internet connection.
5. OBS Studio
OBS or Open Broadcaster Software is a free screen video recorder that offers both recording and streaming in high definition. As with the rest of the software, you can also choose the part of the screen you want to capture, but a great thing about OBS is that it offers customized options for you to select from. Likewise, you can use customizable hotkeys to help control the recording. You can also use an audio mixer to produce videos with smoothly recorded sound. Lastly, OBS is equipped with live streaming capabilities not usually included in other screen recorders.
- You can stream live on YouTube, Twitch, and other platforms.
- You can save projects online and offline in a wide variety of formats.
- Create your hotkeys to make the recording sessions more manageable and faster.
- You can use all of the tools in the software for free.
- It is a versatile software that records screens and streams videos to social media.
- Since it is open-source, you can experience some bugs and crashes. It is recommended to work one version below the current version to avoid conflicts.
Screen recording software can serve various purposes, and you don’t necessarily have to pay big bucks to use the best ones. Based on your individual needs and your operating system, you may achieve your objectives with a free screen recorder like the ones mentioned in this article. And suppose you’re looking to add additional power or use professional editing tools. In that case, you can always sign up for a paid option. Nevertheless, if you want an all-in-one package, we recommend that you use EaseUS RecExperts, as it will make the job much more accessible to you.