Are you curious to know what is second sitting in train? You have come to the right place as I am going to tell you everything about second sitting in train in a very simple explanation. Without further discussion let’s begin to know what is second sitting in train?
Traveling by train is a popular and practical choice for many people around the world. It offers a unique blend of comfort, affordability, and scenic views, making it an attractive option for both short and long-distance journeys. One of the classes commonly available on trains, especially in countries like India, is “Second Sitting.” In this blog, we will explore what Second Sitting in trains entails, its features, and why it’s a preferred choice for many passengers.
What Is Second Sitting In Train?
Second Sitting, often denoted as “2S,” is a class of travel on trains that provides a cost-effective option for passengers. It is designed to accommodate a larger number of travelers by offering basic seating arrangements without the frills associated with higher-class accommodations. Second Sitting is an ideal choice for those who prioritize affordability and are comfortable with simpler amenities during their train journey.
Features Of Second Sitting:
- Seating Arrangements: Second Sitting typically offers non-air-conditioned coaches with cushioned or fabric-upholstered seats arranged in rows. These seats do not recline like those in higher classes, but they provide a comfortable and reasonably spacious seating arrangement.
- Open Windows: Many Second Sitting coaches have openable windows, allowing passengers to enjoy fresh air and scenic views during the journey.
- Luggage Storage: Second Sitting coaches usually provide overhead luggage racks and storage space under the seats for passengers to store their luggage.
- No Bedding: Unlike higher-class compartments such as Sleeper Class or AC Classes, Second Sitting does not provide bedding or berths. Passengers are expected to sit throughout the journey.
- Affordable Fare: Second Sitting is one of the most budget-friendly travel options available on trains. The fare is significantly lower compared to air-conditioned classes, making it accessible to a wide range of travelers.
Why Choose Second Sitting?
- Affordability: The primary reason passengers opt for Second Sitting is its affordability. It’s an excellent choice for budget-conscious travelers who want to reach their destination without spending a lot on travel expenses.
- Short-Distance Travel: Second Sitting is well-suited for short-distance journeys, daily commutes, or trips where passengers don’t require the added comfort and amenities of higher-class accommodations.
- Group Travel: Traveling with a group of friends or family members? Second Sitting is an economical option for group travel, allowing you to stay together without breaking the bank.
- Scenic Routes: If your journey covers picturesque landscapes and you want to enjoy the scenery, Second Sitting provides open windows and a clear view of the outside world.
- Availability: Second Sitting coaches are often readily available on most trains, making it easy to secure tickets even at the last minute.
Second Sitting in trains offers a practical and cost-effective way to travel, making it accessible to a wide range of passengers. While it may lack the luxurious features of higher-class accommodations, it provides a comfortable and affordable option for those who prioritize reaching their destination economically. Whether you’re a budget traveler, a commuter, or simply looking to enjoy the scenic beauty of your journey, Second Sitting is a choice that meets the needs of many train travelers around the world.
Let’s find some more interesting topics like these here askcorran.
What Does Second Sitting Mean?
A second sitting is the second period when a meal is served if there is not enough space for everyone to eat at the same time. First sitting is best if you’re hungry, but second sitting is more relaxed. The second sitting in the restaurant is at 8:30 (the first is at 6:30).
What Is Difference Between 2s And Sl?
Such class of accommodation is abbreviated as below: 1A= First AC, 2A=2 Tier AC Sleer, 3A= 3 tier AC sleeper, CC= Chair Car, FC=First Class, SL= Sleeper Class, 2S= Second Class seat.
Is It Safe To Travel In Second Sitting In Train?
Yes, travelling by 2S is safe. Trains offering 2S have a relatively shorter route and do not travel overnight. Be cautious as one should be while travelling and you are good to go.
Is Second Sitting Comfortable?
In my opinion, not at all. But the price of the ticket is way too low to justify any kind of comfort. A simple Mumbai – Goa 2S ticket will cost approx INR270, whereas the AC ticket would be INR850+. INR 270 for 600 kms is just too too low to ask for any kind of creature comforts.
I Have Covered All The Following Queries And Topics In The Above Article
What Is Second Sitting In Train Seats
What Is Second Sitting In Train Pnr
Difference Between Second Sitting And General
Cc In Train
Second Sitting In Train Means In Hindi
Second Sitting In Intercity Train
Is 2s And General Same In Train
What Is Second Sitting In Train