There are tons of agencies sitting around you and offering web design services, yet the question is; are they all qualified for it? Not all agencies can deliver the results and it is why it is challenging to pick and choose an experienced web design agency. A professional design agency is a lot more than just focusing on the latest color palette trends and standard fonts etc., they look after small details that impact performance, conversion and search rankings. Here is the list of over eight factors that are required to be incorporated within a design to call it a good, customer-centric, niche-appropriate web design.
Click here – Benefits of studying ACCA with an MBA
- Navigation: The first thing that appeals to a visitor is easy and customer-friendly navigation. Statistic says, ‘88% of online shoppers do not return to a website that has poor customer journey or bad navigation’. A lot of brands overlook the importance of simple navigation yet focus on fancy fonts, buttons and complex page hierarchy whereas a good design agency will always stick to the importance of simple, shortest and fast navigation for visitors to act and convert into a customer in the shortest time possible.
- Clean and Crisp: With a simple, lean and clean web design means that eyeballs should have enough space to navigate, stop and focus on the main call to action or agenda of the company. Having a large size sliding banner does not at all means that you put everything on it and put your customers to the test to read and understand everything together. A web design must be visually simple, appealing and very crisp at passing out the message that a company has to pass on. Your business website should not be a fancy show for every visitor but a strong display of business values, ethics, taste, brand integration and reputation. It is only achievable when a design agency has a team of qualified web designers and developers who collaborate and correspond while creating a web design for the best performance.
- Optimized Web Graphics: An experienced agency focuses on optimized web designs as it is critical to maintaining good site speed and performance on multi-size screens and devices. For vectors, SVGs and PNGs are the best options, whereas, when it is about pictures, it is recommended to use high-resolution JPEGs. Especially, when it comes to eCommerce sites and high-end portfolio sites, multiple tools and plugins that are used to optimize the picture sizes and embed video links to the webpage. It is only possible when a designer is qualified and aware of the latest search engine trends and design performance requisites.
- Color Intelligence and Aesthetics: A custom web design company will always seek clarity on business brand guide, corporate palette etc. to integrate it into your web design. It creates symphony and synchronization throughout your business portfolio, identity and image across all channels. If in case, a business does not have any brand guide or specific official color guide, the agency would explain and act according to the need of the business niche, industry and image. Once they have clarity, they will be consistent throughout the web design with a visible appeal, intelligently sorted color combinations and design aesthetic.
- Fonts and Industry Relevance: Good agencies and web designers do not pull triggers in the dark. They are well-aware of the latest font trends, browser compatibility and alternative fonts. Also, not all fonts are suitable for any industry so they are very specific with the industry they are working in. If it’s a corporate web design, they will opt for Roboto, Open Sans, San Serif or Helvetica, whereas if it’s a luxury brand the font selection and preference will not be the same. Also, good designers and web design agencies always refer to the Google Standard Guide for fonts to avoid any performance or visual issues later in the project.
- Browser Compatibility: Many a time, the proposed web design looks good on one standard browser, whereas it doesn’t feel or look the same on other browsers. It is when a qualified and trained web designer attaches a document to the front-end development team, mentioning that where the design has to be adjusted through custom codes and at what ratios. They also work with a variety of formats to ensure that the speed, visual appeal and brand identity do not get affected.
- Design Flexibility and Maintenance: When working with a well-reputed design agency, they do not offer any design until they are sure of their background information of the brand. Also, they deeply study competitors to place the brand above them and help the client lead from the best position. When the agency starts working on designs, they do not let one person decide, involves the whole team to pitch in the concept and come up with different ideas, offer the best one forward and seamlessly execute it without any back and forth.
- Multi-Device Testing: When creating a web design, agencies have the quality assurance to ensure that the proposed design works well on all devices. It is where a good design agency reflects its role. They offer multiple variants for web, mobile and tablets to ensure that the business appeal and message remain the same on all screens. They add or subtract elements to ensure that the look and feel of a brand remains constant and unique for its customers. As discussed above in browser compatibility, they also look at, whether variants work well on popular browsers or not. In short, a professional agency will always go the extra mile to give you the best web design ever.
Click here – 4 Myths to Know On Business Credit
As we have discussed eight different factors that agency design teams take care of, one more thing that tops the list is the ‘fearlessness’ in executing brow-raising ideas. They remain focused on communicating via impactful designs to drive change in society. It takes a lot of courage which poor design agencies do not have!