It’s that time of year again. The holidays mean delicious meals, festive gatherings, and a time for welcoming friends and family into your home. It’s also a great time to give yourself the gift of a few home upgrades. Not only will you love your renewed space, but so will all the wonderful people you’re celebrating with this year.
#1 ‘Tis the Season for Movie Nights
Nothing will put you in the holiday spirit like snuggling up with a cup of hot cocoa to watch your favorite festive classics. No matter what your go-to holiday movie is, you need a comfy and cozy place to watch it.
Whether you’re watching from a home theatre or studio apartment, take a look at some easy upgrades you can do to host the ultimate movie night this holiday season:
- Make your couch the best seat in the house – You don’t have to invest in a brand-new piece of furniture to upgrade your couch. Consider using a slip-cover (you can even select a festive fabric like velvet) or swapping out old cushions to make your couch feel brand new.
- Invest in speakers worthy of your favorite holiday soundtrack – Quality speakers can make the difference between an average and epic movie night. You’re going to be singing along to your favorite holiday soundtrack all season long, so you need it to sound top-notch.
- Set the holiday mood – A holiday movie marathon isn’t complete without a few festive touches. Scented candles, delicious treats, and fuzzy blankets will help your home feel like holiday-central—deck the halls!
#2 Make Your Dining Room Dazzle
The dining room is the centerpiece of your holiday festivities—it is, after all, where the long-awaited feast finally takes place. Joyful celebrations take place around dining tables—do you really want those memories to include an old, dinky table with scratches and scuff marks?
There’s no better time to put the phrase out with the old, in with the new to good use than with a brand-new dining table. You can even go with an extendable option, so you’ll be ready for those unexpected plus-ones.
Once you’ve found the table of your dreams, you’ll be ready to start sending out invites for your holiday feast.
If you’re having more guests than your dining table allows, consider nesting tables for your living room; these accents can easily be pulled out to provide more table space for guests!
#3 A Five-Star, Feast-Worthy Kitchen
They say the kitchen is the heart of the home, and we agree! Whether you call it stuffing or dressing, or you prefer white meat over dark, you need a kitchen that can keep your family and friends feeling merry (and full).
Renovating your kitchen for the holidays is all about finding ways to make entertaining easier, so consider the following tips:
- Small appliances make a big difference – Upgrade appliances like blenders, microwaves, and toaster ovens for maximum efficiency.
- Preparation is everything – Have tools like warming trays, trivets, and ice buckets ready before your guests arrive.
- Don’t cook alone –Try adding barstools to your counter space so you can socialize with guests while you cook.
- Get ready to multi-task – If you’re ready to purchase a new appliance, consider an oven with two drawers for when you need to cook multiple dishes at different temperatures.
#4 Give Your Guests a Luxury Experience
If you’re like us, you might be guilty of using your guest room like an oversized junk drawer. You’re in luck: the holidays are the perfect excuse to give your guest room a little TLC.
This can be as simple as doing some serious decluttering, swapping out mismatched linens for hotel-quality threads, and adding special touches like travel-sized bath and beauty products for your loved ones.
Making sure everyone sleeps well and feels at home will make your holiday gathering much more enjoyable. If you really want to go the extra mile, create a little print-out guide that tells everyone where to find what they need, how to use the TV, and how to connect to the Wi-Fi. That way, you’ll have more time to focus on prepping the holiday feast
Happy Home Upgrading!
Your new and improved home is something to celebrate in and of itself. Once you’ve added all the finishing touches, your friends and family will love spending the holidays in your space. If that’s not at the top of your wish list this year, we don’t know what is!